Spanish Buy Group (1 Viewer)

GateteLucky

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Can't find anything on the search option.

Is there any Spanish buy group?

So we can cover the national shippings at better price.

I'll be interested on 400 chips, premade ones of Sunfly or if someone comes with a good custom design, it could be nice.

Any spaniard interested let's talk about it on here!

-----
Interested users:

- GateteLucky - 400 chips

May be worth opening up to the EU if you're trying to reach a certain volume/price break. Duty/Tax-wise, there'd be no difference vs. just keeping it local.

I still intend to place an oder with Tina for cards mold chips in the near future - just waiting on a friend here to get his artwork finalized. Shipping costs are indeed steep at approx. $0.10/chip, but even with that and duty, they'll still come in at between $0.45/chip I reckon, which is a damn steal for custom ceramics imo.

May be worth opening up to the EU if you're trying to reach a certain volume/price break. Duty/Tax-wise, there'd be no difference vs. just keeping it local.

I still intend to place an oder with Tina for cards mold chips in the near future - just waiting on a friend here to get his artwork finalized. Shipping costs are indeed steep at approx. $0.10/chip, but even with that and duty, they'll still come in at between $0.45/chip I reckon, which is a damn steal for custom ceramics imo.
That might even be less than what some Canadians paid for the first GB. One member I know came in at almost $0.50 USD after re-shipping costs from Sean to him, plus PayPal foreign currency exchange fees. As you said $0.45/chip for custom chips is hard to beat.

Is there any EU buy group?

It seems like we are a few but it may be good to create a General EU buy group what do you all think?

I just placed an order with Tina and it works out at ~$0.50 per chip shipped. This doesn't include import duty/VAT, but Tina generally marks the declared cost down (without asking) so there is no additional duty/VAT due.

If there is an EU group buy and the cost is under $0.50 after reshipping, I'd be in for ~1,000 chips. Any more expensive, it's cheaper to order direct. I think it all comes down to how much shipping is and if it's proportional or not.

I just placed an order with Tina and it works out at ~$0.50 per chip shipped. This doesn't include import duty/VAT, but Tina generally marks the declared cost down (without asking) so there is no additional duty/VAT due.

If there is an EU group buy and the cost is under $0.50 after reshipping, I'd be in for ~1,000 chips. Any more expensive, it's cheaper to order direct. I think it all comes down to how much shipping is and if it's proportional or not.
Interesting. If that's the case, that would make a big difference in the overall cost (as a reference, I just past ca. $420 in duty/tax on my $3800 CPC order this week). A lower declared value changes that significantly.

What do you mean to order direct? That reshipping cost to UK could be more than you ordering directly a lower quantity of chips?

Interesting. If that's the case, that would make a big difference in the overall cost (as a reference, I just past ca. $420 in duty/tax on my $3800 CPC order this week). A lower declared value changes that significantly.
I'm not sure of the legality, but I never requested for the value to be devalued Tina has done this with other EU shipments too - without asking. I am certainly not complaining :tup:

What do you mean to order direct? That reshipping cost to UK could be more than you ordering directly a lower quantity of chips?
Correct. If you order 1,000 chips at a cost of $1,000 or 5,000 chips at a cost of $5,000, it will be cheaper for me to order 1,000 chips directly than have them shipped to ES and then shipped to the UK.

I think that @cpac54 found that air freight costs are pretty linear and it wasn't worth it. Don't get me wrong - I would love it if it was cheaper for us all to club together. However, until slower/cheaper shipping options are available again, it may not be cost-effective.

The real hidden gem would be if there's enough EU interest to put together an Abiatti group-buy. Not wanting to take anything away from the work that Tommy is putting in, but there would be big savings on shipping if it's all kept within the EU.

The real hidden gem would be if there's enough EU interest to put together an Abiatti group-buy
I think it isn't easy for EU members. I'm afraid we aren't enough for a group able to buy abiattis a good price.
I'm very interesting in how the abiatti cash set look :) , but for sure it won't be cheap :(

If anything ever comes of this keep me in the loop as might be interested. Have a Spanish postal address.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom