Spam Redirect (1 Viewer)

I keep getting redirected to something called "snowflake" when I try to check notifications or select forums. This is the first of maybe 5~7 places I tried to post this question but couldn't because I kept getting redirected to some spam add when I clicked on 'new post'. Anyone else experienced this?

This. Still getting it when I try to click my notifications. Any notifications I select take me to this add and offer no opt out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200126-011358_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200126-011358_Chrome.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I posted a thread about this an hour ago and it got deleted. I was getting redirected to "snowflake" which is doubly insulting as a republican.
Screenshot_20200126-011358_Chrome.jpg

Curious if you are you using an iPhone. (by the screen it looks like Android though)

This post probably can explain it better.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/spam-redirect.45225/post-840788
Yeah, android. I'm no doctor but I'd say that post you linked is BS. Not saying it's untrue just it doesnt address the issue in any way whatsoever. Discussion on who serves the adds and how they are provided doesn't in any way explain why when I select my notification icon on the host site dashboard I get redirected to an external site. That's an issue unrelated to adds embedded into the pages.

Yeah, android. I'm no doctor but I'd say that post you linked is BS. Not saying it's untrue just it doesnt address the issue in any way whatsoever. Discussion on who serves the adds and how they are provided doesn't in any way explain why when I select my notification icon on the host site dashboard I get redirected to an external site. That's an issue unrelated to adds embedded into the pages.

There is no code in any forum template of mine that would do that. That particular ad code that is being served by Google is interfering with that button/link.

Well I drank the Koolade and paid the support fee. Was planning on doing it anyway, maybe that will fix it. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, I'll still live till I die! Small price to pay for such an amazing wealth of information and active community.

I do sincerely appreciate the response regardless of the issue/cause/outcome as it demonstrates oversight.

Thank you! Appreciate the support. If it continues, I'd try clearing browser cache / cookies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom