Spacers for chip rack? (2 Viewers)

Jake14mw

Flush
Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a wood chip storage box from FM. It is designed to store 25 chips in each row. I knew that my cards mold chips would not fit correctly, so I bought wooden spacers from Amazon and figured I would cut them and stain them to match the wood. But now I see there is still a gap, . The wood spacers I bought are .15 inches wide. Looks like maybe 1/4 inch wide may be the right size? Any suggestions on what to do?
IMG_20210209_114144230_HDR.jpg

If you know someone with a planer have them plane a board to the exact thickness you need. Then cut out your spacers as needed.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, all of them were very good! If the wood racks were more standard sized, these spacers by @One Eyed Dollar would be a slam dunk. I would have to cut them all into individual pieces though. I may still do that, but I am also going to try gluing two of my existing spacers together and sanding, and see how that works.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, all of them were very good! If the wood racks were more standard sized, these spacers by @One Eyed Dollar would be a slam dunk. I would have to cut them all into individual pieces though. I may still do that, but I am also going to try gluing two of my existing spacers together and sanding, and see how that works.
I can print some circles whatever thickness you need, if you want to go that route. The sanding should do the trick though, or I like the squishy foam spacers.

Well, so I tried sanding the wood disks. Super glued two together, tried to hold it with vice grips, came apart. So, grabbed one with pliers, ran the belt sander with I think 80 grit paper. It's a PITA to hold it, and I was really surprised how long it takes to do!? I thought it would take 10 seconds each. Also, it doesn't go evenly. I'm sure most people that have any aptitude at all in this area could bust them out quickly. Any suggestions people? I may try again later, but an order is coming @One Eyed Dollar . I appreciate the custom offer, but I will order from what you have to make it easier.

I would love to find some clear 39mm half-discs, and permanently glue them inside the rack. That would basically make the rack smaller, and not need to deal with spacers going forward.
However, I cant even find clear 39mm WHOLE discs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom