Space around oval table (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
How much room would be sufficient around a standard size oval table? I think I could get a 3rd table in my utility room. I have 8' 7" between my work bench and the other side. Length is 14' 5" from the washer/dryer to the door. I can cover the workbench with a table cloth and use it for food and hang a curtain to hide the storage shelves. It would look half decent if I needed a 3rd table.

That might feel a bit tight on the sides. I had a 48 inch octagon in a 10'x14 foot area and with drink carts people had to move around to get past the narrow part.

That might feel a bit tight on the sides. I had a 48 inch octagon in a 10'x14 foot area and with drink carts people had to move around to get past the narrow part.

Maybe that narrow oval table that I had would of been good. It was just a few inches less.

I think general rule of thumb is 36" clearance on all sides, minimum. You can get by with less, but traffic with seated players quickly becomes difficult-to-impossible.

I just re-measured. I have 9' 1" from the workbench to the other side not counting the filing cabinet that sticks out a bit. On the other side of filing cabinet it opens up much wider. Probably can do if I made the table width a little less.

20150923_001550.jpg

Could always tear out the wall and move the filing cabinet back a few inches....... { ducks for cover }

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom