South Shore Country Club - CPC HHR Cash Set (1 Viewer)

I think that the red distracts too much from the muted sepia-ish tones of the main inlay.
I agree 100%

I would love to see a green ground and gold tree or vice versa
I am going to see how a tree tinted green works. I do think I like this font rather than the first font so I may make that change.

I think that the red distracts too much from the muted sepia-ish tones of the main inlay.
So, I can’t see the sepia in the low res version we have, but I loved the red pop. The versions on the left were just very plain against it. Still love the red- clean, vintage, pop of the inlays. Like a pair of Chuck Taylors- it goes with everything and will never go out of style.

Would love to see the inlay on the left with a green tree. Maybe even a faded green color
This is interesting, for sure. I am just not sure if the green clashes with the other colors. I will say I think I like this font more than the original.

REVISED WITH GREEN TREE
green_tree.png

ORIGINAL
firstOG.png

This is interesting, for sure. I am just not sure if the green clashes with the other colors. I will say I think I like this font more than the original.

REVISED WITH GREEN TREE
View attachment 1081144
ORIGINAL
View attachment 1081146
I like the inlay without the border better like the original but I think if there is a way to make the green tree not as bright/bold and more dull/faded/vintage it would go awesome with the old school vibe.
I also think the yellow frac with the green tree looks amazing and since you plan on never using the .25 but want to have a solid frac in the mix maybe consider doing the .50 in yellow so your solid chip gets in the mix? Only problem is spot progression so maybe make two solid fracs so you can actually play with one.
Either way I absolutely love old school/vintage looking sets and wish I had something old school like this that was meaningful enough to me to make a set out of it. I have played around on the CPC for hours and hours and ultimately gave up bc I feel I'll never come up with an inlay that I'll be in love with for a lifetime.
Thanks for sharing and letting us give you some feedback on this. Whatever you decide will be awesome!

I like the inlay without the border better like the original but I think if there is a way to make the green tree not as bright/bold and more dull/faded/vintage it would go awesome with the old school vibe.
I also think the yellow frac with the green tree looks amazing and since you plan on never using the .25 but want to have a solid frac in the mix maybe consider doing the .50 in yellow so your solid chip gets in the mix? Only problem is spot progression so maybe make two solid fracs so you can actually play with one.
Either way I absolutely love old school/vintage looking sets and wish I had something old school like this that was meaningful enough to me to make a set out of it. I have played around on the CPC for hours and hours and ultimately gave up bc I feel I'll never come up with an inlay that I'll be in love with for a lifetime.
Thanks for sharing and letting us give you some feedback on this. Whatever you decide will be awesome!
Agree. Mute that green a bit

So, after much debate, I will stay with the sepia-ish tones as suggested by @BearMetal. The goal of this set was to create a vintage and authentic feel for a set of chips that could have been used at the club years ago, and I think this design does that. I changed the font, as it now matches the same font used in the original logo. I liked the font on the first design, possibly better than the SSCC font on the original logo, but I think if I want the authentic look, I need to match the font. Below is where I am at with the updated inlays on the chips. I do appreciate all the input @Chipandchair @GetUrShineBox @warma @chipinla

Final_Final.png

Yeah that green is too vibrant. I'd make it almost a dark grey, with just a couple splashes of green. Text is definitely better in the new ones.

So I have started down the road for my second CPC set to go with my Irish Guys Poker Club CPC set I got about two years ago. I have just finalized the artwork and the chip design now waiting for CPC to run their HHR mold. I was told it might not run for eight months... so that is a bit of a bummer. I am sure I won't stare at the chip design over the next eight months or ask @BearMetal if I should change anything. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks to @BearMetal for all the help and guidance with this project. I couldn't have this project without ya! :tup:

View attachment 1070945

What is South Shore Country Club, and why?
South Shore Country Club was a high-end private club founded in 1905 in Chicago on Lake Michigan. It had stables, a nine-hole golf course, tennis courts, and a private beach. Both of my grandfathers were members, and my parents also grew up there, so it is a very special place for my family and me. It is also no longer a private club and is now owned by the City of Chicago and called the South Shore Cultural Center. So I thought making a CPC set would be a cool way to keep the history of SSCC alive and I love the logo.

Design Inspiration
Since the club was founded such a long time ago I thought to be cool for a retro/underground CPC design. I used the original logo for South Shore Country Club from an old matchbook as the inspiration for the design of the front inlay. The back inlay has the denomination in a TRK-style font that @BearMetal was kind enough to allow me to use and slightly tweak to my liking.

View attachment 1070955

Chip Design
View attachment 1070944
This is AWESOME!!!!!

Love the history, especially as a fellow south-sider.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom