Sound Insulating a Shuffletech? (1 Viewer)

saucy

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hello,

I've ordered my first autoshuffler, the Shuffletech ST-1000 from Chan here on this forum. He is a Canadian distributor for these products, which happens to work nicely for me in the next province over. It hasn't arrived yet, but I do have slight concerns about the noise of this unit. I ordered a flush mount kit as well, and intend on mounting it into the table.

I had an idea to insulate the exterior of the shuffler with sound deadening and sound absorbing materials commonly used in other applications. I have 3 layers of insulation coming from Amazon and I'm going to attempt to create an insulation barrier around the entire device (except the top) and mounting it into the table. I have some questions about how tightly the shuffler itself fits against the hole in the table? It's fine if I have to allow some margin here in the insulation for a proper fit. I also am thinking of insulating the inside of the top cover on it, is there much clearance inside the unit from the cover?

Anyways, this is all going to be unprecedented territory for me, but I do believe the sound insulating mats are going to help the noise levels alot.

Any insights, or anybody try this before?

I have one for my table. Most of the noise seems to come up through the flush mount and I cant imagine how you could insulate that and still be able to reach the cards. Just fyi…when you have a group that is talking and hanging out, you never really notice the noise like you would if you were sitting in a quiet room.

I cut some foam to fit in the slide out deck tray. But that’s about all you can do as I tucked some up top and that impacted the arms coming down. That said I’m disappointed as after getting it repaired it didn’t last 12 months of use. Well over 12 months but nobody has done anything for the past 13.

Most of the sound comes thru the top door.

I opened one up and applied car audio dampening material (dynamat) to the interior walls. Also to the underside of the door.

It helped a bit. I don't think it was worth the effort.

It just becomes background noise after a while.

Be very careful about insulating it. It will overheat if you cover the vents.

You should mount it as flush as you can with the top of the felt, erring on the side of sinking it in. You do not want it sticking it out above the felt. I have seen one or two people have the felt go over the sides so that it pops out from the bottom but it looks much better when you just properly mount it above the felt.

I personally like the hum of the machine. Lets me and others know that its working and not just spitting out the same deck unshuffled.

Be very careful about insulating it. It will overheat if you cover the vents.

You should mount it as flush as you can with the top of the felt, erring on the side of sinking it in. You do not want it sticking it out above the felt. I have seen one or two people have the felt go over the sides so that it pops out from the bottom but it looks much better when you just properly mount it above the felt.

I personally like the hum of the machine. Lets me and others know that its working and not just spitting out the same deck unshuffled.
Good mentions. I had it sitting flush mounted for about 2 weeks without touching it (aside from some cuts of foam to fit in the unused card bay and unused battery bay(?). It worked great with next to no jams over about 1000 hands.

I just finished constructing a "sound arrestor basket" that is seated around it underneath the table. It actually cut down on kinetic sound from the cards significantly. It was actually very cheap in supplies too. Used this from Amazon for about $20 https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B082SJW66S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and I had enough foam left over for the card bay and slot.

All in all, I managed to cut down on the noise by approximately 50% with a couple cheap additions, its still working great and I'm happy with it!

Good mentions. I had it sitting flush mounted for about 2 weeks without touching it (aside from some cuts of foam to fit in the unused card bay and unused battery bay(?). It worked great with next to no jams over about 1000 hands.

I just finished constructing a "sound arrestor basket" that is seated around it underneath the table. It actually cut down on kinetic sound from the cards significantly. It was actually very cheap in supplies too. Used this from Amazon for about $20 https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B082SJW66S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and I had enough foam left over for the card bay and slot.

All in all, I managed to cut down on the noise by approximately 50% with a couple cheap additions, its still working great and I'm happy with it!
Can you post a pic of your “sound arrestor?”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom