Sonny chip relabeling question (1 Viewer)

Phyzyl

Straight
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m new to the murder and relabel and am just about to put together a set. Hoping someone might be able to help give insight for Sonnys and maybe the Horseshoe 25s...

the sonnys look like the have a label that is wider and goes over the edge to the TH section- does anyone know if you can murder these and the label will remove from that part as well??

question for the 25s HSI is just to check that these are easy enough to use standard method to relabel as well??

appreciate any help!

This is a Crystal Park $1. @HaRDHouSeiNC murdered it for science. Pic is his. While the inlay came off the part with the hat and cane beneath it was destroyed.

Attachments

• FAF982DA-6B1B-4B71-8DA4-79EE6FC2ABBB.jpeg
    FAF982DA-6B1B-4B71-8DA4-79EE6FC2ABBB.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 130
Here’s a sonny’s autopsy done today. The laminate is hard like glass and hard to remove. The label with some NANPR was difficult at best. The oversized edge removed the easiest it was the 1 1/16 part..... ugh. Not worth the effort. Not worth the result.
image.jpg

Doesn’t look too bad at all! I’m a newb at murdering a chip for relabel (about to try with my first set) so maybe I should stick with the HSIs as seem more common and simple

You could have the same side inlay printed on vehicle wrap material and it would go in the outer destroyed rim and cover the center good after a bit of heat. We do that in our shop. But it would be expensive and time consuming

This is a Crystal Park $1. @HaRDHouSeiNC murdered it for science. Pic is his. While the inlay came off the part with the hat and cane beneath it was destroyed.
Yah not really destroy the mold but you can’t label it right
It won’t work it just looks wonky where you’d have to put the label

Well, technically, they can. But they will never look good again, because of the recess line through the hats/canes, which can't really be covered up with any laminated label.

Correct. You could technically do it. I of course meant murdering to relabel is not an option.

Yah not really destroy the mold but you can’t label it right
It won’t work it just looks wonky where you’d have to put the label

In that sample you did it looks pretty destroyed. The part of the hat and cane that was under the inlay is very faint. No way to relabel that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom