Sometimes lesions have to be learned the hard way (1 Viewer)

DrStrange

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
We are on vacation at a beach house in the panhandle of Florida. Four generations from two years old to 70+. As might be imagined, the kids are super excited to visit the beach.

The two year old got a bag of sand toys from us. He is really digging the endless beach < pun intended >. Noah starts putting buckets of sand on his head. The adults tell him to stop before he gets sand in his eyes. So what do we think is going to happen? Nope - you likely got that wrong.

Noah says,” I like sand in my eyes”. He gets a double fistful of sand and jams the sand in his eyes. A few seconds later, Noah concludes he does not, in fact, like sand in his eyes. NOT AT ALL!!!

It is yet to be determined if the lesion was learned. We still have most of the week left at the beach.

Not naming names, but I know a few poker players - well more than a few - who think the same way as Noah about hand selection. “I can play any two cards” leads to a crying rebuy - - - the adult version of rubbing sand in one’s own eyes.

Fun times -=- DrStrange

autocorrect "lesson" into "lesion"... perhaps pun intended there as well.

Regardless, congrats on being able to take the vacation. Time away with family, building memories, is very important.

autocorrect "lesson" into "lesion"... perhaps pun intended there as well.

Regardless, congrats on being able to take the vacation. Time away with family, building memories, is very important.

I think it could work either way - the sand certainly could cause lesions on his cornea :eek:

I remember well when our 2.5 year old son declared that he liked his 6 month old brother’s baby formula. He grabbed the baby bottle and took a couple good pulls, then proceeded to throw up all over me ((including on my head). It almost started a chain reaction vomit like in Stand By Me!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom