Sometimes I hate poker (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Of course we got it all in on the flop ... I was ahead 85% to 15% :(

Kings.JPG

Wow. With a runout like that, you wouldn't happen to play with 2 Cubans and a very patriotic budding YouTube star, would you?

AHAAAAA MOTHA'FUCKA!!!!!

I can top that. About a hundred years ago, in the days of Empire and Party Poker, I was playing some limit Omaha hi/lo. Two days in a row I raised AAxx and both days got looked up by 77xx and 99xx. Both days I had the nut house on the turn AND a low redraw. Both days I ran into quads AND whiffed my low draws. I took two fucking weeks off poker after that.

I mean, at least this guy had a legit hand, he wasn't in there with Q2 offsuit and caught the flush with his dangler

Just got set over setted: his sixes to my fives. I was IP and raised river when checked to - he X/R and I felt it was strong so I called instead of jamming and only lost $7 versus my $30 stack

Just got boat over boated in 3bet pot. Board was 2Q225 - once again I called instead of jamming and my TT lost to his JJ.
Guess I made another $23!

cue all the bad beat stories....

Here goes a recent one.

On the button with 99. UTG has 93o. Case 9 on the flop. He's a maniac and we get it all in on the flop. He goes runner runner flush. I decide to call it a night as the poker gods must be hating my guts that night.

Here goes a recent one.

On the button with 99. UTG has 93o. Case 9 on the flop. He's a maniac and we get it all in on the flop. He goes runner runner flush. I decide to call it a night as the poker gods must be hating my guts that night.
77302-thats-not-supposed-to-happen-g-h0KB.gif

Final table headsup, i'm the shortest stack, jam with AA, oppo calls with K7 offsuit. Flop comes KK4 rainbow, turn blank, river blank... my pc went directly to the Moon and back :mad:

A friend of mine says, “you’ll win it back - you’ll hit your two outer someday.” But I think the problem is that if I dont get the money in when I’m 20% to win how can I get it back? Sure my KK vs V’s AA flop a K, but I just wonder if you can get it back if you don’t make the poor odds plays. Does that make sense?

A friend of mine says, “you’ll win it back - you’ll hit your two outer someday.” But I think the problem is that if I dont get the money in when I’m 20% to win how can I get it back? Sure my KK vs V’s AA flop a K, but I just wonder if you can get it back if you don’t make the poor odds plays. Does that make sense?
If you are almost always ahead when you get it in, in the long run you do get it back. Based on your first bad beat, roughly 5 out of 6 times you win. I get the money in every time without hesitation with those odds. Whether you get it in bad is mostly irrelevant in terms of getting it back. Getting it back depends on your overall EV. With enough hands, it should even out.

Bad beats affect all of us and they sting when they happen, but it is likely confirmation you are playing well. I will take the occasional suckout if I know I made the correct play and my EV is positive in the long run.

Sure, hitting that miracle one outter is great when you are the one hitting it, but, for me, I am asking myself "Did I make the right decision?" (which is unikely unless the odds check out). If I didn't make the right decision, then I am asking myself why I made the wrong decision, analyze what would have been the better or optimal play, and correct it moving forward.

You win money when you make decisions, not when the cards come out. Make the right decision as often as possible and you'll make money in the long run, even while you lose it in the short run.

Fish make money in the short run and lose it in the long run. That's why poker exists.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom