Tourney Something Other Than a NLHE Tourney Please! (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I'm hosting a 12 player Birthday Party Poker game in a few weeks. I figure this is a great time to break in my 43 mm Parks and Rec tourney set and the Treat Yo Self chips.

I'm leaning towards one of these games.

SOHE

Big O

or my favorite

5 card PLO with one Treat Yo Self chip. The Treat Yo Self chip has a one time use to call a double board PLO hand. The chip must be played prior to anyone looking at their cards (so basically pre deal).

This will be a $40.00 tourney, I'll probably go with 150 to 200 bb's.

I'm also up to any other suggestions?

HORSE is best played FL. FL tourneys bore the shit out of me.

I would contemplate a r x r tourney.
We have played live cash games of NLHE and PLO rotations. You could do pot-limit rotation of Big-O and some form of Pineapple. Still better than NLHE.

We love playing pineapple for our tournaments. Makes it more interesting

It's your birthday, so you should do what you want! Which, sounds like 5 Card PLO. I would suggest rebuys for that game!

I know sorry. Not an Omaha fan, and I don't even know what horse is

1611519852014.png

My favorites are SOHE and PLO-8. But for a tournament I don't like split pot games.

My next tournament, we are doing mixed hold 'em games, trying to get better hands each game/round, but using a standard flop, turn, river each game.

Hold 'em

Pineapple
Crazy Pineapple
Upside-Down Pineapple
Very Crazy Pineapple
Lazy Pineapple
Super Hold'em

Watermellon
Ludicrous Pineapple

Thermonuclear Armageddon Pineapple
Scrotum

3-Hand Hold'em

I like your 5 card plo idea. Too many mixed games in a tournament would turn into a clusterf$&k imo. I think I’m going to make this because I have to take my wife to the airport that morning. Pencil me in please!

I like your 5 card plo idea. Too many mixed games in a tournament would turn into a clusterf$&k imo. I think I’m going to make this because I have to take my wife to the airport that morning. Pencil me in please!

This is what I'm leaning towards.

@Azcat

I just remember playing a mixed game tourney with Bill in Denver.

Too many games is a bad idea, as Bill and I couldn't remember game we were playing - but we played it all the way to the river.

Beyond that, in tourney action I would recommend against split pot games. They are dreadfully boring when the tourney gets heads up.

I just remember playing a mixed game tourney with Bill in Denver.

Too many games is a bad idea, as Bill and I couldn't remember game we were playing - but we played it all the way to the river.

Beyond that, in tourney action I would recommend against split pot games. They are dreadfully boring when the tourney gets heads up.

Scrotum.....we forgot to discard pre. The board didn't matter lol

I bet all streets with a pair of 10s, you called me down with a pair of 9s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom