Something Fun When Live Home Games Start Again (1 Viewer)

I will run a group buy for these buttons and the dice. I'll be getting the art files from @power13. I'll do some research on the pricing and then start a GB interest thread soon (in the next few weeks, hopefully).

PLEASE PLEASE do this groupbuy and you must make it available to CANADIANS!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
@Saoliver
@power13

I wanted to bump this to see if anyone else had ideas how to spice up their home game!

I like the red river.. but I think I would limit it to only a 6th card. I really wouldn't want to see a board with 9+ cards.... (highly unlikely but you never know)
@power13

(Nitty nit rant warning)
The thing I like about poker is that I decide when to put my money at risk. So I don't like the 72 game (or that Teddy KGB spot on the die) because those things cause me to give away my chips based on no decisions I've made.
I don't like bomb pots for the same reason (and because they often serve to raise the stakes.)
I don't love the big blind jackpot, but I'm fine with it - so the button has to pay an extra blind that goes to a jackpot - no big deal.
The river of blood thing could be interesting, as long as people know before the hand that they know it's in play.
I never straddle and I don't like flips. I'm fine with other people doing those things, but that's not what poker is about, to me.
If I was going to "spice the game up" I'd play different games. But actual poker games, not random gamble games.

(Nitty nit rant warning)
The thing I like about poker is that I decide when to put my money at risk. So I don't like the 72 game (or that Teddy KGB spot on the die) because those things cause me to give away my chips based on no decisions I've made.
I don't like bomb pots for the same reason (and because they often serve to raise the stakes.)
I don't love the big blind jackpot, but I'm fine with it - so the button has to pay an extra blind that goes to a jackpot - no big deal.
The river of blood thing could be interesting, as long as people know before the hand that they know it's in play.
I never straddle and I don't like flips. I'm fine with other people doing those things, but that's not what poker is about, to me.
If I was going to "spice the game up" I'd play different games. But actual poker games, not random gamble games.
So what you’re saying is that none of the “toys” mentioned in the OP are for you...and that’s fine.

I play poker two different ways:

1. Serious poker in Vegas or local card rooms. I see this as work. I’m there to maximize profit. Fun is secondary.

2. Regular home games with the guys. I see this as entertainment. I want to win so that I can bust their balls about it, but fun is the priority. We do all kinds of goofy shit and prop bets. We don’t play for stakes that really matter much—$20-$60 usually. We would implement these “toys” occasionally, but not all the time. It would have to be the right mix of players that would enjoy the goofy shit too.

I occasionally play in other home games where the buy-ins are bigger. I wouldn’t expect these “toys” to be popular there, but you never know.

If the pot for the change game isn’t an even dollar total, I think something has gone wrong:
And yeah, it’s a stupid game, but lighten up, Francis. If the guys want to have fun with a last minute gamble, good for them.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/home-game-pet-peeves.55476/page-4#post-1106071

After my stupid change game rant in the pet peeves forum you said this....

(Nitty nit rant warning)

Then you say this?

Make up your mind Mr. Flippy Flop.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/home-game-pet-peeves.55476/page-4#post-1106071

After my stupid change game rant in the pet peeves forum you said this....

Then you say this?

Make up your mind Mr. Flippy Flop.
Aside from the fact that gambling for change at the end of the night is totally different than mixing these 7-2 games into the whole session, my point in that other thread (and in this one too, btw) was that I don't care if OTHER people do it. I'm not losing sleep and punching holes in walls and wringing my hands over the integrity of the game because other guys are flipping for quarters, or playing bomb pots.

Aside from the fact that gambling for change at the end of the night is totally different than mixing these 7-2 games into the whole session, my point in that other thread (and in this one too, btw) was that I don't care if OTHER people do it. I'm not losing sleep and punching holes in walls and wringing my hands over the integrity of the game because other guys are flipping for quarters, or playing bomb pots.

It's all well and good that you "don't care" about games you may not be in, but he fact remains that if you sit down at a table to play you can't have half the table playing the 7-2 game or change game at the end of the night, while the rest say no thanks... rules and games are set up ahead of time. If I am losing my mind at the 7-2 game screwing me, I signed up for THAT game with THOSE rules in THAT house, so by sitting I have to live with that game. You also must have an opinion since you replied to the pet peeves thread, and now this thread. Implementing dice or small action games to make things interesting is a bit gimmicky and definitely would not want to see that at a table with huge stacks in play, however it adds a bit of fun (even though I do agree it does mess with the integrity of the game). If you reread the entire other rant I posted, it wasn't so much about flipping for quarters - it was about everyone contributing various amounts to the pot to win it all. To me that ruins the integrity. If a table of 8 players decide to play one hand at the end of the night for $2 each, I don't like it much, but at least the equity is there, not Joe Chump putting $0.25 in a pot to win $10.00.

I wanted to bump this to see if anyone else had ideas how to spice up their home game!

I like the red river.. but I think I would limit it to only a 6th card. I really wouldn't want to see a board with 9+ cards.... (highly unlikely but you never know)
@power13

I couldn't wait so I made my own dice with these special features for our .25/.25 game.
9soyhRe5BSC5RTEs5g1hcY-bFVP09p7p6pA0BY0vRF5v1ytNnJb8A-Bu_1shxPFwk-vqTR1KJWKvL5GBd_Ym_2edGAAkxf4C9T6Mm44IcBzygnxuinJWDGdgMDzptj8nhF9Lvkqx
50¢ Bomb Pot

VUe0FPrepmbn8TLPoejApbR4QUnVarTI1_KhaVsECXzl8V0oPLEkwRQb7kesuxmzdjKfbxuhCaSiFpsI8vLDNYqOZla1m1BW8nQjDtjbWUFpQ8xyt17qR6L6oBD_dFjyyqKK0aLL
Ocean Card After River

xxjYJxVowGqzoFBBPbHYUj1zS2a0dTc8idjIxLMT85u_ejbrDcB3d97duDAY-p8aDYgiG5PdV7KnwZ0Wn4KfCOtU8LJhrKnUA_EQlcJu6k_EBV_7AvbwIYYnLDZmCzqzocsGmu0W
Collect $1 from every player

tNHmpVA3-mTzLKVxhqjKM9zcSRZaLm_mkZQzI5dJdfX4o6m6mfkFoKYIWi5Kt1aLEVQKkQS59r5QYV4uE2DWMJzhbVOZHtU40ztZs2pB9s9L5PTNVxevrE52cvevj7h56zhqYFBz
3 Hole Cards. Discard 1 Post Flop

3oUuk5TMoTpMGNN6YZCpLTWdUamFWGIyYn6isKa57BrvcR0ZPNnN3sR6FH9GBAOi-7Lt3WIuzP8R_A-36y4ynabLnrYD8WUiRn5NqY3BYhG7xreVQz3KakcsrlXW2_N93WzHj7Mw
2 Boards with Flop,Turn and River

9h9LCw88mgvL9qElh2_a-nTKRu3f3UOalNEwgjcx_OcmCJS7Lozc1D8GIUy7verkPg8mzXPrx4PJ6RKBGq4S-Uf7tjLjLddB7XmPiiXCaRHTs_sitGLOnxr2GjqszL31W9mslHxF
Steal Half the Pot Before the Flop Unless You Decide to Raise
rCpLGEaTf6efg7M5oFEvBQ9ExO4BZHBYowQioIVpJXlVuggBvFM1qQR8V5fYCYkCmrAGjjBI4oagkIq1h3nWzanwb07dciARWPQzefNA_UBkVeHIrBv9h2iNrCBTDB17MRSmbpqq
Folded Cards Will Be Face Up

ZZLdV8N6tGjI48qy0kXYgZ1ynkDzR_ymcoz0Rp51-q5sgcP7GATemfkj0TabocbV7E93IiY7gJbkR3cuJ-o38mDe8QRMtY4JW-gc84is9e5OX_wEyEaBBVG6v9PCAZ31WcYv-Mre
Rake 10% of the Final Pot

LfziHFRsd1Du2kcAJEPNDCSwAyw0UgX2fc5w-WQeexlAu23EVXzdiR8kwgg0AstPxQPBRimbdunW0I2MhjS4GMxYAu_Vs9K7HBAC3aEgrmceLCW5sjXdLTp8n4mVw2YVU2QnMASa
$1+ Mandatory Button Straddle

1a8tanBASwGnZFr-axkHs3o8bMqQOZ8MXYv6fZsOGTvVlbcykyotouKhVZX8dAD2TnTHlp1MgI9CLDveGMelsOHeDGdBfq1EwVJ6D8EIUmO37C6mT3GQDWMHJSXGHM2tWcziKgCw
Nothing Happens

01-CfSE6lcaywZZwk2zT6bMyAZ6elLsrczSfcJrNADGXdomuoEvjKRcOl4y35e9f9yOkB_DZx2JQSbBl7qyQiPQnpvc-xmO3UH8fUulK2NQc1fReEWhasJgE80SPCqxMMd8XZnWC
Everyone Must Make Pot Sized Bets

(Pic of fortune teller) Name a Card and Suit Before You Deal. If that card comes out on the Board Immediately Steal Half the Pot
IMG_20200609_095949955.jpg

I couldn't wait either. I ordered one, and it was just too expensive in my opinion for the wait time. BUT I had to have one! Great Idea here!

If someone walks me through how to run group buys... I may be willing to take it on... HOWEVER... I am in Canada....

I love the Spice Dice idea. For 5 of the items, they are game variations. The 6th one for Teddy is not a game variation. I'd probably want to replace it with the black equivalent of river of blood.

Orrrrrrrr. Don't they make 8 sided and 12 sided dice? perhaps add more game variations to those dice.

Also, wasn't there a guy on here building stuff with a 3D printer? Could he print custom dice?

Stay tuned... dice are coming to the store soon!

This may be a great opportunity for you to build one of a kind variations, as I believe that it would be hard to get a "group" to agree on the exact 6 items to be put on the dice. Instead, each one could be custom, just like everyone's home game is custom/different!

So with @One Eyed Dollar making customizable dice, I will no longer be in need of these awesome dice. If someone else wants to take the lead on a group buy, please contact @power13 for his artwork.

I still plan to order the buttons down the line. I’ll run a GB on that, unless someone else wants to take the lead there as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom