Something about my first day here.... (1 Viewer)

SpaceMonkey420

Full House
Reaction score
One of my first big deals here I was worried about pre paying F&F...
Sensing fear the guy actually offered to send me the chips and told me I could pay later "if I liked them."
I paid him immediately and have never looked back.

ps. Few months In I've lost two deals "received empty B.S." Id now recommend FEDEX ONLY for large purchases.
ALWAYS INSURED. Last set I sent was $35, hand delivered, tracked, insured, and updated online w/location and perfection!!!
Happy Hunting Everyone.

I’ve wondered if anyone out there ships with FedEx or UPS for larger purchases.

One of my first big deals here I was worried about pre paying F&F...
Sensing fear the guy actually offered to send me the chips and told me I could pay later "if I liked them."
I paid him immediately and have never looked back.

ps. Few months In I've lost two deals "received empty B.S." Id now recommend FEDEX ONLY for large purchases.
ALWAYS INSURED. Last set I sent was $35, hand delivered, tracked, insured, and updated online w/location and perfection!!!
Happy Hunting Everyone.

"received empty B.S." are you saying someone sent you an empty box? or they said you sent them an empty box?

I’ve wondered if anyone out there ships with FedEx or UPS for larger purchases.
I chose to pay for FedEx shipping with insurance for a chip set I recently purchased on PCF. I prefer FedEx for anything over $1K and don't mind spending extra to cover shipping for a tiny bit of peace of mind at that point.

Well, I also wanted it faster. Ulterior motives and all that.

I’m paranoid now reading about UPS, I recently purchased some LL .50 fracs, I hope they arrive.

I dunno, so far USPS has been rock solid for me for nearly a year of receiving and shipping. FedEx; nope; they suck. Everytime BRPro ships me something it's 2+ weeks and inaccurate tracking.

I recently reshipped a very expensive chip package via USPS. With the insurance added I didn't bat an eye.

I got sent this box with this stamped on it. Guy handed it over to me at the counter like it was routine. It was stamped “received with no contents”. Second time it’s happened. Listen to the recording on the insurance claim it’s been a nightmare. First off anyone can file the claim BUT you must have the original receipt. I’m not kidding here file for $50 of their insurance you must know the EXACT TIME THE BOX was mailed. The time? Isn’t that THEIR JOB? It’s a broken system. It’s run by a very inefficient branch of our government. Taunted by too many regulations and lackluster employees. I have two friends who work for the post office, They are considering shutting down offices nationwide. I don’t trust them as far as I can throw them. Here is proof in my hand. It’s a broken system. In this case it cost me way too money to admit.

UPS is worse. They treat boxes like garbage in this area. I also knew a guy who worked for UPS he had every single color of tape known to man even different widths. He had pink red orange 1 inch half-inch three-quarter the silver kind he said that if he saw a type of tape that he would buy it so he had it on hand. He would actually hunt boxes. I’ve never used them since unless amazon forces me.
image.jpg

“Received without contents”

A DESK TOP STAMP? I was blown away. It happens soooo much u have to have a RUBBER STAMP???

Must be nice to have that as their routine. It’s just never going to be my routine.

Not sure who said it (maybe BGinGA?), but someone mentioned that they have not had problems since they began packaging up the box like Fort Knox. I guess the theory is that it makes it harder to open and swipe quickly.

That’s nuts. As a seller, I hold onto receipts for a bit, but once I’ve sent over the tracking number I usually don’t care.

Good notice that I should probably be holding them until chips are safely on hand. And hey, always let us know when something’s missing, detail the chips/set.

That way at least you have friendly eyes looking for them to pop up locally or eBay/apps.

Did I mention one was a cash AND trade. Oh got me GOOD. Yes I had to send cash AND chips.

Got an empty box in return. Lucky me.

Not sure who said it (maybe BGinGA?), but someone mentioned that they have not had problems since they began packaging up the box like Fort Knox. I guess the theory is that it makes it harder to open and swipe quickly.

For local shipping..I agree
Fot International, not a good idea.

I used to package stuff up like a kilo of blow...but since customs will likely open up most of my packages (Belgium had bad drugs rep) it's no bueno to package everything air tight. I used to wrap all the warneke boxes with tape...that just pisses of customs so they start cutting ape style.
Once they see it's just chips, they'll dump them in the box and put 'some' tape on it....chips are spilled in the box.

Now I use the CPC/BCC style of boxes....they can open those, look en close the flap again.
Most important to still package well (no movement)...I use thick foam and cut this to measure + air pockets
ALWAYS use cut protection on top & below (in case they cut the box open) & always box in box.

Sorry to hear things went south @SpaceMonkey420 :(

For those of you advocating for getting insurance in your shipments, I encourage you to read up on the small print. Neither UPS nor FedEx will reimburse you for shipping insurance claims in excess of $1000 for collectibles or poker chips. They'll take your money though and make you think you just got insurance for that $5000 set of chips you just bought, but if it ever comes time to cash in on that insurance policy, you'll quickly learn otherwise. USPS won't either, unless you pay for Registered Mail.

For those of you advocating for getting insurance in your shipments, I encourage you to read up on the small print. Neither UPS nor FedEx will reimburse you for shipping insurance claims in excess of $1000 for collectibles or poker chips. They'll take your money though and make you think you just got insurance for that $5000 set of chips you just bought, but if it ever comes time to cash in on that insurance policy, you'll quickly learn otherwise. USPS won't either, unless you pay for Registered Mail.

Hi Travis, with DHL Express International...I just pay 10 EUR or 1% of value if above....full coverage loss or damage

I've never had a problem with USPS on domestic shipping with Flat Rate boxes (sometime the box takes a beating).
I don't think I would ever use USPS for international.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom