Wanted Someone to clean ~250 chips (ultrasonic?) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultrasonic didn’t do a damn thing to get these clean

7mpm0qw.jpg

mOh6rra.jpg

I picked up a 6L Ultrasonic on Amazon this week as well. Cleaned 900 of the ACDC hotstamp chips I bought recently in it using tap water and dish soap. The results were very acceptable and they chips are now clean of all the years of gunk on them. I ran the white 1's through a hand wash originally that worked well but inspired me to buy and ultrasonic. They went thru another 2 minutes in the ultrasonic and are now quite clean, only slightly off white. The reds ran for 2-3 cycles of btw 2-3 minutes depending on how much gunk was on them. I did batches of 20 chips each and between cycles I lifted the tray and using either a toothbrush, my fingers or a wooden toothpick dislodged all the crud from the edges. Another cycle of the ultrasonic and the debris was then removed. For the less used denominations like the 25's and 100's I only put them through one cycle of 2 minutes in as a full batch of each colour which was more than acceptable.
Now unfortunately all but the white chips look rather dry. I have no interest in oiling chips individually. What success is there with putting a bit of mineral oil in a bucket mixing with water and just dumping chips in to soak then dry later..... ? any suggested ratio's? I do not want oily or greasy chips but after seeing photos of before/afters I think my hotstamp solids could use a little

I picked up a 6L Ultrasonic on Amazon this week as well. Cleaned 900 of the ACDC hotstamp chips I bought recently in it using tap water and dish soap. The results were very acceptable and they chips are now clean of all the years of gunk on them. I ran the white 1's through a hand wash originally that worked well but inspired me to buy and ultrasonic. They went thru another 2 minutes in the ultrasonic and are now quite clean, only slightly off white. The reds ran for 2-3 cycles of btw 2-3 minutes depending on how much gunk was on them. I did batches of 20 chips each and between cycles I lifted the tray and using either a toothbrush, my fingers or a wooden toothpick dislodged all the crud from the edges. Another cycle of the ultrasonic and the debris was then removed. For the less used denominations like the 25's and 100's I only put them through one cycle of 2 minutes in as a full batch of each colour which was more than acceptable.
Now unfortunately all but the white chips look rather dry. I have no interest in oiling chips individually. What success is there with putting a bit of mineral oil in a bucket mixing with water and just dumping chips in to soak then dry later..... ? any suggested ratio's? I do not want oily or greasy chips but after seeing photos of before/afters I think my hotstamp solids could use a little
Yea that has always been my end result when using the ultrasonic leaving the chips in there as little as possible while still getting them clean is the goal. The chips will nearly always need some oil afterwards. Either through handling or from you lightly oiling them. Maybe lightly oil the edges a barrel at a time if they will also get in play soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom