Someone stole my cars wheel at Tampa Hard Rock (1 Viewer)

My wife had a low speed collision in a parking lot a few months ago. They were amiable, both said "no fault" and exchanged information.

A couple days later, our insurance company contacted us to let us know that the other driver had filed a claim directly against our policy. They investigated, and based largely on he said she said, paid out the claim. I was pissed.
Bottom line, always call the police.

Bit lost here. Everyone agrees no fault so why is anybody exchanging info? Either everyone is taking care of their own damage and I'm giving nothing or we are exchanging info to run it through insurance. OR if there is no agreement then I'm calling the cops.

I used to own a tire shop, and yes technically the tires are serialized but it's not quite as simple as it sounds like with electronics and such. You can pretty much trace a tire back to its manufacturer, year, and week it was basically "born" but that's assuming someone 1) recorded that information and 2) that tire was stumbled upon again installed or not.

Best method here is for them to try and sort through the CCTV footage and just find the car that way. The above method is needle in a haystack, to say the very least.

I used to own a tire shop, and yes technically the tires are serialized but it's not quite as simple as it sounds like with electronics and such. You can pretty much trace a tire back to its manufacturer, year, and week it was basically "born" but that's assuming someone 1) recorded that information and 2) that tire was stumbled upon again installed or not.

Best method here is for them to try and sort through the CCTV footage and just find the car that way. The above method is needle in a haystack, to say the very least.

They have the car on camera that did it, but it was stolen so still under investigation

They have the car on camera that did it, but it was stolen so still under investigation

I mean, putting aside all the details of what happened, I scratch my head sometimes when I hear about crap like this. You have a stolen car, and you top that off with stealing a single rim/tire for the already stolen car for whatever stupid ass reason. It's stuff like this that makes me a firm believer in the old school method when people like this are caught. Turn off the cameras, stick 'em in the concrete walled room and just slap them around until they're crying like a little 5 year old that they won't do something as petty and stupid again lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom