Not Mine Some Lammers on Ebay

Brookston

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. What's a lammer? I was expecting a bunch of "Kill" buttons, or cheap little "Dealer" buttons.

Those are lammers. So are the little round chips they use to keep track of chip denominations in roulette.

mtl mile end

Straight
Reaction score
This is what I think of when I hear "lammer":

00lam.png

So if I'm getting this, a chip with a laminate of some kind with a certain specific (non "chip") function is a lammer. A die cut "Paranoid" chip is not a lammer, it's a die cut chip (as for gaming).

Brookston

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are the same material as "paranoids." It a clay material coated in a colored celluloid with a die cut inlay.

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
@mtl mile end, the lammers you show are engraved plastic.

The lammers on the ebay auction appear to be clay. I guess you could call them gaming chips, but I agree with @Brookston, I think they were intended to track roulette value by color...

mtl mile end

Straight
Reaction score
Yes, I get it. The lammers in my pic were once made of laminated plastic of different colours. The engraving through the outer layers to reveal the lower layer created an effect like the words were printed into the chip. In the picture, it seems the letters are now simply being printed on, but they're still sold as "lammers".

The lammers in the auction are chips laminated with a (die cut) inlay. But you wouldn't call them "chips" per se, you'd call them lammers. Paranoid chips are similar in manufacture process to the auction lammers, but you would call them "chips"..........unless they were being used for roulette.....Hmmm...? :confused

Top Bottom