Solid chips (1 Viewer)

I like them but may be interested in selling them to fund something else.

20E02607-CFBC-4A66-8001-54E3005559EF.jpeg
7965BBAC-134C-47A8-903D-751059604D2D.jpeg

I don’t have a problem with solids, although they’re not my preference. The solids I DO like tend to be really bright, almost neon colors. Greens, pinks, oranges, etc...

I also prefer spotted chips but these are way too cool for me to dislike:

IMG_0028[1].JPG
IMG_0012.jpg

Technically I could split them into a micro cash and a baby T25 base tourney set. I tried the latter once so far:

IMG_20180330_211943031[1].jpg
IMG_20180330_213923632[1].jpg

I think I better start doing more of a sales pitch on some cash games with my crew :).

Wow, those colors!

I was very fortunate to be able to add the rack of fracs to my set. In fact it may have been more like a rescue mission after seeing a couple of chips had stickers on them :eek:. The rest minus the $500s came in a package deal.

The only potential improvement I could think of is getting fire $5s instead of the red, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm quite pleased with the set as a whole :)

I was very fortunate to be able to add the rack of fracs to my set. In fact it may have been more like a rescue mission after seeing a couple of chips had stickers on them :eek:. The rest minus the $500s came in a package deal.

The only potential improvement I could think of is getting fire $5s instead of the red, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm quite pleased with the set as a whole :)

It's very nice, Travis!

I'm the opposite. I have little love for any hot stamp chips. (I know, I know, don't hate me.) Solids with a good label however, have a special allure.
Me too. Not a big fan of hot stamps. Solids with 1” inlays or bigger is what I like

If you are interested in a nice micro stakes solid set, Kardwell has a nice BCC option selling for $.85 a chip brand new. They call them the “Royal Flush”. Just ordered 500+ and they are razor sharp. Not at home or I would post my pics but I built a $.05, $.25, $.50, $5 set. I wanted $1 chips but they were out of inventory so I got some $.50 instead and I am glad. They are all light pastel red, green, peach, and purple. They really look cool together and really makes the micro game fun. Micro stakes only though as higher denoms are ugly in my opinion and similar. $.10 chip looks awesome but I didn’t get any. Call ahead to make sure they have enough of your denoms but I was able to order 500+ last week.
View attachment 236202
BTW my main point is that I was never a solids guy until this set until I got these. If you like BCC they are a great solid option

I'm actually looking for a tournament set of solid chips on here as we speak! Someone point me in the right direction!

I also favor non-denominated chips, as it means I can change the values or reconfigure my tournament and cash sets more flexibly.

(The image below does not do justice to the hot color of the Radiant Reds I’m now using for $5 chips... Swapped these in for the Blaze Oranges I was using before until I can find more B.O.s)

8AA94ED7-2E6A-47EE-8A58-E2BD4B9326A3.jpeg

I'm new here and collect solids as well. Found this forum and can't believe that chip collecting was so sophisticated!

My frustration is with Paulsons and trying to add to my collection and matching colors precisely with pictures I see online. Does anyone else have this problem? I found the Paulson color reference chart here and there are too many red/yellow/green/blue color choices!

I'm new here and collect solids as well. Found this forum and can't believe that chip collecting was so sophisticated!

My frustration is with Paulsons and trying to add to my collection and matching colors precisely with pictures I see online. Does anyone else have this problem? I found the Paulson color reference chart here and there are too many red/yellow/green/blue color choices!

It's almost useless to try and guess at a Paulson colour. You really need to have a sample set in your hand to have any hope of accurately determining this. And even then, colours have changed over time (likely due to changes in the chemical mix) and so a certain colour made 30 years ago may not look the same as the same colour designation made today.

Solids can be awesome, though I wouldn't want it for a whole set. Just for the more common denominations, then some spots for the higher denom chips

I knew Bill would be coming over the top rope on this one. Did not disappoint! (y) :thumbsup:

Absolutely! A great set of solids and IMHO, the best plain mold set ever made. Jack really nailed that one. I don't have a full sample, but I'm glad to have one chip for a protector.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom