• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine So this just happened.... (1 Viewer)

MyLastChip

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? Someone pumping this up? Bidding war? Or more rare than the others?

Been looking at these and.......

Circus circus $1 for......

4C464445-8F5D-496D-991D-735C21DDCC6B.png

These sell as singles in the $4-$10 range normally. Someone is just driving the price up. I see another listed for $175 to buy now. A couple weeks ago one sold for $4.

100% some scheme to fool someone. If you look at the auction that ended 2nd pic and the new buy it now listing at $175 it’s the identical chip. 2 different sellers with thousands of feedback too and one shill bidder with 2.
I noticed that.

Alright, I’m bringing this back up...... a few months back I started to try and acquire as many as these as I could the 1’s and 5’s. And I was picking them off anywhere from $4-$20. And I thought $20 was an outrageous price, but I treated it like a “little treat” so to speak.

Well these are goin on eBay for $25-$100 it seems at a minimum. What gives? Anyone have any insight on this? I’m still pretty new to the chip game. But I feel this is crazy. Is this a scam to drive up the price? Does this happen with other chips? Or is this just the market for this chip right now?

Pretty bummed I was literally feeling like I was overpaying when I would win an auction at $9 + shipping, but still happy to win the chip.

Circus circus was where we stayed when I went to Vegas as a kid one time with my mom and these are the chips that would have been in play, and I just think they are nice looking chips. I guess I will have to wait for another time in this journey to get them though.

Alright, I’m bringing this back up...... a few months back I started to try and acquire as many as these as I could the 1’s and 5’s. And I was picking them off anywhere from $4-$20. And I thought $20 was an outrageous price, but I treated it like a “little treat” so to speak.

Well these are goin on eBay for $25-$100 it seems at a minimum. What gives? Anyone have any insight on this? I’m still pretty new to the chip game. But I feel this is crazy. Is this a scam to drive up the price? Does this happen with other chips? Or is this just the market for this chip right now?

Pretty bummed I was literally feeling like I was overpaying when I would win an auction at $9 + shipping, but still happy to win the chip.

Circus circus was where we stayed when I went to Vegas as a kid one time with my mom and these are the chips that would have been in play, and I just think they are nice looking chips. I guess I will have to wait for another time in this journey to get them though.
You're not wrong - I feel like anything over $12 or so is insane for this chip. I'm not sure they have been consistently going for over $20, but there were definitely a few nutters that paid a ton for these, but I'm not familiar with them enough and haven't been paying attention lately.

It’s just 3 bidders doing it and one specifically that’s involved about 80% of the time. Once they have their fill (who knows) I would expect to see $7-$15 again. I have a number of these and my average is still below $9/chip so it’s possible even on eBay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom