So sad on these lost chips (1 Viewer)

Currently been over a month now on a domestic USPS package myself with no real updates from them since it left the facility and inquiries just churn out what seems like a stock letter/email. Still hopeful, but it definitely sucks; I couldn't imagine if it was for the contents pictured here though.

Hoping for the best!

It's so strange how sometimes you get huge delays and sometimes stuff gets delivered faster than seems possible.

I shipped out chips (1 rack and 2 racks) on 7/8 and they are both "out for delivery" today - I just checked the tracking numbers. Both coming from Iowa (not exactly a USPS hub). One is an SFRB going to Pennsylvania, one is an MFRB going to Virginia.

I also received 700 chips from Canada yesterday in much less time than I expected. Shipped on 06/30, delivered on 7/9.

I can't make any sense of it. Good luck with your package. Really hope it shows up out of the blue for you.

I was the one who shipped that package to Isaac. I collected all those racks for him here in the US to help him out and shipped them a few weeks back.

I've done that a few times for him and for other friends abroad without a glitch for a long time. Never had any issues and now I have two shipments gone 'cold' in the last couple of months. One went to Isaac and the other to France.

It is indeed a horrible situation, one that's made even worse by the lack of support from USPS and their international counterparts. Issac's package still shows in the US but the other shipment is showing in Canada for weeks.

As I mentioned to both guys, I still have hope the chips will show up eventually but the more time passes, the less likely it gets, imo.

Unfortunately those cases make me reassess continuing helping out my international friends and even making any possible sale to members abroad. It is hard to shake off the twinge of responsibility even though I should bare none.

Last edited:
There are a lot of weird things happening. I sent a package to Nico in France, and it took about a month to get there. Two weeks in the Miami area, and then a week in Canada (?????) en route to France. I never did figure that one out, but it made it eventually.

Good luck!

I was the one who shipped that package to Issac. I collected all those racks for him here in the US to help him out and shipped them a few weeks back.

I've done that a few times for him and for other friends abroad without a glitch for a long time. Never had any issues and now I have two shipments gone 'cold' in the last couple of months. One went to Isaac and the other to France.

It is indeed a horrible situation, one that's made even worse by the lack of support from USPS and their international counterparts. Issac's package still shows in the US but the other shipment is showing in Canada for weeks.

As I mentioned to both guys, I still have hope the chips will show up eventually but the more time passes, the less likely it gets, imo.

Unfortunately those cases make me reassess continuing helping out those friends and even making any possible sale to members abroad. It is hard to shake off the twinge of responsibility even though I should bare none.
This is exactly how I feel. Nailed it on the head. Some of my favorite folks on here are in Europe, Canada, Asia, all over the world. I would bend over backwards to help these folks on the domestic end here in the US, but I would be absolutely gutted if I sent something abroad and either it took a really long time to show up, shows up but damaged by customs or by the other perils of travel, or doesn't show up at all even if I did absolutely everything I could to prevent it from happening.

Reading the replies here, it sounds like the Chicago hub is a total shit show right now. I still have pretty good hope that these chips will show up.

If people are hesitatnt to ship internationally, I'd honestly not only recommend DHL — but insist on them. They can be booked online; you can just print off the label at home; and you don't even have to leave the house as they pickup.

I'm not sure what the prices are like from the USA, but it recently cost me $77 to ship 1000 chips from the UK Stateside — which is on a par with USPS (correct ne if in wrong?).

@Changster, just out of interest, would this one negative experience of USPS trump the 100s of good ones you've had with them? That is to say, would you use them again in the future for receiving chips?

I was the one who shipped that package to Isaac. I collected all those racks for him here in the US to help him out and shipped them a few weeks back.

Unfortunately those cases make me reassess continuing helping out my international friends and even making any possible sale to members abroad. It is hard to shake off the twinge of responsibility even though I should bare none.

You have zero responsibility bud! I really really appreciate the help in reshipping!! It’s something you do out of your own goodwill. Do not feel bad at all, especially for me. I’m at peace with it if it does get lost.

If people are hesitatnt to ship internationally, I'd honestly not only recommend DHL — but insist on them. They can be booked online; you can just print off the label at home; and you don't even have to leave the house as they pickup.

I'm not sure what the prices are like from the USA, but it recently cost me $77 to ship 1000 chips from the UK Stateside — which is on a par with USPS (correct ne if in wrong?).

@Changster, just out of interest, would this one negative experience of USPS trump the 100s of good ones you've had with them? That is to say, would you use them again in the future for receiving chips?

Yes it’s the first time. I would still use them yes, especially on the west coast where it ships out of LA or SF to me. I have found it’s really fast from the west coast.

DHL is great too but I’ve only used them to ship to others and not the other way around. DHL isn’t big in the US and if I asked someone to find a DHL location I think it’s too much of a hassle. FEDEX is also a great alternative to DHL for the US as long as you use the 2 or 3 day type (flown on FedEx planes) and not the cheap shipping.

You have zero responsibility bud! I really really appreciate the help in reshipping!! It’s something you do out of your own goodwill. Do not feel bad at all, especially for me. I’m at peace with it if it does get lost.

Thank you, Issac! You (and my Parisian friend) have done everything to make sure you weren't blaming me, from the start, and it's much appreciated. I hope it didn't sound like I implied otherwise as it was definitely not my intention..

Having said that, it is still hard to feel good about it since I was the one who shipped you guys the package and have been trying everything to locate to chips. I still feel horrible about it and both packages are very valuable and it must hurt badly not knowing if they'll arrive or not. It sucks, man, LOL!!!

Again, both of you are great guys and helping you both was a pleasure.

Last edited:
This is another one of those lost USPS package threads. It’s the first time I’ve experienced it after at least 100 packages back and forth. But this package was a gem of a package!!

This was shipped from Michigan, which usually gets transported to Chicago’s International Airport before it gets sent to me. It’s been about a month now with no tracking updates. :cautious::cautious::cautious::vomit::vomit::vomit:

If you have the USPS tracking information -
contact the last known location that your package was delivered to - in many cases -
the chips / your package is just sitting there
and HAS NOT BEEN SCANNED .
If the package has not been scanned yet -
you need to talk with a Postal Inspector who can get your package moving to it’s final destination … This happens to my wife’s packages more often than I would like …
Once you actually talk to a person in control -
mysteriously - you will see movement in your package …. You really have to push the people at the Post Office sometimes to get
the results we all hope for .

Well I’ve been through customer service at USPS and it’s literally grueling, good thing for me is that my mom works in that dept so I can ask for anyone here and she can check without having to wait a long time on the phone. She was able to track a package down for me which was worth (I forget) around $1,700 that was on another street from me, and I’m so grateful. Lmk if anyone needs her help.

These chips get lost forever or was there a happy ending @Changster? I think one of those racks were my Cinci 1ks, loved those chips :cry:

@Changster
We all hope for a positive outcome for you.

Do you think it makes any difference when you send smaller packages versus larger ones?

These chips actually showed up but it took a really long time. It somehow showed up in Australia, then took tike to work its way back through the system.

I don't think there's any difference between small and large packages.

Still waiting on some chips from a member of this forum, from the US to me up in Canada, peep the date :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230510_024140_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230510_024140_Chrome.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 101
Get a national postal service that works properly first...
USPS gets a lot of crap - sometimes well deserved - but we often forget that they successfully deliver billions of pieces of mail every year, and over 99% of properly addressed mail eventually gets to its final destination. Their on-time delivery rates could be a lot better (85-87% seems to be the consensus), and they were until the past few years.

Those of us who use the postal service a lot remember the small number of lost packages - especially the expensive ones - but not the hundreds or thousands of others that were sent and received with no issue.

I clearly remember the time a few years ago when I received a box of chips that had been damaged in transit and had a couple of missing racks. It sucked. (Fortunately they were cheap chips and easily replaced.) But I've also sent or received hundreds of packages via USPS successfully over the past ten years or so.

... But I've also sent or received hundreds of packages via USPS successfully over the past ten years or so.
Yeah, sure, but... it is a service you pay. To get things delivered. And when you pay, you should be confident that they will deliver (pun intended). And when they do not, not even get a compensation even though things are insured (which, as far as I've understood, happens more often than not)?

Yeah, sure, but... it is a service you pay. To get things delivered. And when you pay, you should be confident that they will deliver (pun intended). And when they do not, not even get a compensation even though things are insured (which, as far as I've understood, happens more often than not)?
No service in the world has a 100% success rate.

And while it can be a PITA to collect insurance when a package goes missing, I've never seen evidence that they don't pay most of the time.

Still waiting on some chips from a member of this forum, from the US to me up in Canada, peep the date :(
Damn. And I thought I was waiting a while for my package. Mine has only been stuck in customs since April 30th.

Normally, it's never taken even an additional day for customs. Wonder if there's something going on with customs at Pearson.

USPS gets a lot of crap - sometimes well deserved - but we often forget that they successfully deliver billions of pieces of mail every year, and over 99% of properly addressed mail eventually gets to its final destination. Their on-time delivery rates could be a lot better (85-87% seems to be the consensus), and they were until the past few years.

Those of us who use the postal service a lot remember the small number of lost packages - especially the expensive ones - but not the hundreds or thousands of others that were sent and received with no issue.

I clearly remember the time a few years ago when I received a box of chips that had been damaged in transit and had a couple of missing racks. It sucked. (Fortunately they were cheap chips and easily replaced.) But I've also sent or received hundreds of packages via USPS successfully over the past ten years or so.

As a Canadian, I'm envious of USPS. Canada Post sucks balls in comparison.

You guys have free shipping supplies, super cheap flat rates, fast delivery standards, etc. It's pretty remarkable. I wish we had that level of service.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom