So I built a table (1 Viewer)

loosechange

High Hand
Reaction score
86B8C56B-B9FB-4668-BBB2-9FCE0E7C48AC.jpeg

As the title states, I built a poker table. My first table to be exact. Build went pretty good. Had about 24 hours into the deal.

My group played on it two weeks after I built it and I managed to lose spectacularly! Fired two bullets playing .25/.50. Down $200. So counting my loss and materials I’m in for about 900 or so!

Any win/loss story’s on your first table?

Excellent work. Would you be willing to share more about the details of your build and what you bought and where? E.g. Rail material, felt material, those legs, etc? Did you start with an existing base?

i don’t have a build story, but I’ll tell ya — I’ve been hosting a family tournament for about 2yrs now and never made it to the final three. I love some beautiful chips but damn I must be a shite player. Anyone have a seat available? Anyone? Anyone?

By the looks of it, you didn't just build a table, you built a great table.
I think I lost the first game on every table I built and every custom set I have...except for one...and it was magical. Winnings paid for the set :)

I built this before I found the forum. With online diy kits being expensive in my eyes I used what local shops had on hand.

Lowes( hardware/lumber) 3 sheets of 3/4” ply, a box of 1-1/2” screws and some 1-1/4” screws. T nuts and bolts 1/4-20.

Went to Joann craft store for the rail foam and vinyl. 1” high density 24”x72”. that were cut and pieced together. and vinyl(marine grade) was in one full sheet, 114”x54”

From Amazon I purchased the suited speed cloth and some non slip rug pad material. Another Amazon buy was the RGB led light strip and Furniture leveling feet.

And lastly the legs. They were harvested off of a kitchen table I bought at a second hand thrift store.

To me the rail came out aesthetically unappealing but went unnoticed by those who played on it. The rail was the most time consuming and what I didn’t like most. It was the pieced together bits of foam underneath the vinyl And I could see every seam line were the foam had been joined together.

The Final playing surface including the rail is 4’x8’. height at about 31” depending on how I have the leveling feet set at.

If I were to build another table I would change two things. I would spend the money on the pre gathered build kits to get that full roll of HD foam. Maybe @T_Chan could supply rail foam materials. It was extremely difficult to find the HD foam in one continuous sheet. If I could have found this online I wouldn’t have a problem sourcing materials on my own. I would also shorten the width by 6-8”. However it sat 10 big men very comfortably.

Excellent work. Would you be willing to share more about the details of your build and what you bought and where? E.g. Rail material, felt material, those legs, etc? Did you start with an existing base?

i don’t have a build story, but I’ll tell ya — I’ve been hosting a family tournament for about 2yrs now and never made it to the final three. I love some beautiful chips but damn I must be a shite player. Anyone have a seat available? Anyone? Anyone?

DC189C34-3543-41BF-992D-E6A7E968D33E.jpeg

Here it sat on folding legs. Just didn’t seem to look as put together as it does with the thrifted legs it currently sits on .

Very Nice work. I love the table legs that you replaced the folders with. My original built table top looked very much like yours, with the LED lights on the inside of the rail.
I've since done a complete overhaul (Covid helped as I had lot's of time) Not that my table wasn't nice, but
I really wanted a removable raised rail and hidden FCOB lights behind a plexiglass diffuser. Of course, I had to design a custom poker cloth to finish off the project.
No telling how much money I have in my build, but it was all worth it. BTW, I just designed a new cloth. Time for another change. I'll need to build another overhead light standard to match my new cloth theme.
It never stops lol.

I built this before I found the forum. With online diy kits being expensive in my eyes I used what local shops had on hand.

Lowes( hardware/lumber) 3 sheets of 3/4” ply, a box of 1-1/2” screws and some 1-1/4” screws. T nuts and bolts 1/4-20.

Went to Joann craft store for the rail foam and vinyl. 1” high density 24”x72”. that were cut and pieced together. and vinyl(marine grade) was in one full sheet, 114”x54”

From Amazon I purchased the suited speed cloth and some non slip rug pad material. Another Amazon buy was the RGB led light strip and Furniture leveling feet.

And lastly the legs. They were harvested off of a kitchen table I bought at a second hand thrift store.

To me the rail came out aesthetically unappealing but went unnoticed by those who played on it. The rail was the most time consuming and what I didn’t like most. It was the pieced together bits of foam underneath the vinyl And I could see every seam line were the foam had been joined together.

The Final playing surface including the rail is 4’x8’. height at about 31” depending on how I have the leveling feet set at.

If I were to build another table I would change two things. I would spend the money on the pre gathered build kits to get that full roll of HD foam. Maybe @T_Chan could supply rail foam materials. It was extremely difficult to find the HD foam in one continuous sheet. If I could have found this online I wouldn’t have a problem sourcing materials on my own. I would also shorten the width by 6-8”. However it sat 10 big men very comfortably.

View attachment 1035838
Here it sat on folding legs. Just didn’t seem to look as put together as it does with the thrifted legs it currently sits on .
I used 1" HD foam for my rail, and it also cam in pieces. I glued the foam together using 3M spray adhesive, and I cannot see any seam on the top of the rail vinyl. Maybe I got lucky. What is the finished outside width and length?

I used 1" HD foam for my rail, and it also cam in pieces. I glued the foam together using 3M spray adhesive, and I cannot see any seam on the top of the rail vinyl. Maybe I got lucky. What is the finished outside width and length?
One thing you can do if you piece the foam rail together is to place cotton batting over the seams. Some people have used dryer sheets successfully.

Beautiful table! I wish I had skills like that. Too bad you weren't in the new jersey are I would ask you to build one for me :)

4x8 foot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom