so close.. just a poll (1 Viewer)

Which line up? .50, 1,5 and 20

• Total voters

spikeithard

Flush
Reaction score
So I have narrowed it down to these great choices but would like a to see what order is on top...

please vote for 1 through 4 or other and explain your changes. Or just straight up say they suck lol ;)

thanks

Attachments

• poll.jpg
    poll.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Going with #4: the lemon, the flag, the punkin', cotton candy.

And you're going to need more than 450. ;)

haha.. in the end I thought about it.. the set will be much more playable with a frac instead of the 100. If something ever happens and I need to sadly sell it down the road, the value would be better with a .50 piece. and a good amount of $20's in the bank ,should not need the 100s.

The lemon is nice to go with the bright popping colors. The hardest thing for me is the DG green vs light blue on the pumpkin chip. ugghh

I like the yellow so that narrows it down to 3 or 4. I don't like the blue spot on the orange so that puts me down as a vote for 4.

Gotta go with 4 - yellow quarter >>>> charcoal/green quarter. I find the light blue on the $5 more personally appealing than DG green, but can't deny that DG green makes a lot more sense in that spot with the imp blue spots already on the $1. Awesome set!

I don't mind the light blue on the $5 but love the imp. blue on the $1 more and don't care to repeat the blue spot.

You could go with bright white or dg orange instead of dg green on the $5.

I favored the green frac because I think $20 when I see yellow. If the denom is big enough I would be good to go - at least until the alcohol or the sleepiness kicks in (both unfortunately take their toll around 9:00).

Voted for #4. I've played plenty of .25/.50 games with yellow quarters so that doesn't bother me. However, I'm not completely sold on using yellow on both the fractional and the $20, so #2 is a close second. Love the DG green on the fiver.

My favorite is #4. But it's a difficult decision without the final inlay design.

I only have the old ASM-Maine color samples. I've heard that the biggest differences are in some of the DG colors.

oh ya? I have the ASM Maine sample also. I cant imagine them being too far off though. Maybe brighter?

Are you talking about new CPC sample set vs. Vegas or CPC vs old Maine?

I have CPC samples, and they appear pretty close to Ben's ASM samples, though have not compared them side by side.

DG colors in my add-on (retro green, retro red) were slightly lighter in shade than those received from ASM Vegas. All the weighted colors seem spot-on.

ya now that I have let it all sunk in and gave it much more thought, I am starting to really like the looks of the DG green in the $5. Picturing them stacked up in a barrel and the green will pop a lot more then the light blue :)

oh ya? I have the ASM Maine sample also. I cant imagine them being too far off though. Maybe brighter?

Are you talking about new CPC sample set vs. Vegas or CPC vs old Maine?

New CPC vs ASM-Maine. I understand that some of the DG and/or retro colors have changed, but only slightly. Probably not enough to make a difference in your choices.

Well if anyone who has both sample sets on here (old ASM maine and new CPC) could let me/us know how off the DG and retro's are that would be great? Just a hair off or enough I should see with me own eyes? etc

thanks

Top - color sample (ASM Maine)
Middle - ASM Vegas
Bottom - CPC

Basically its enough that if you squint at them side by side you can tell, but not enough to change any color choices (IMO).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415201995.338521.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415202007.049468.jpg

Thanks! and this is the same for all the colors pretty much? very hard to tell much difference?

Those are the only 2 that I noticed a difference. The DG pink and retro blue seem identical. The difference you see in the canary yellow in the pic is new vs. used - scary as it sounds, the chips that I received 14 months ago could use a little cleaning. :eek:

These are looking great. I meant to vote for 3 but hit 2 by mistake. I like your original $5 with the light blue.

Ya I really could go anyway on the $5 spot color. I almost may end up flipping a coin for the green or blue.

Now that the mold is good to go, I will be back in talks with J5 soon :)

next up is a artwork mock up thread! I think thats going to be even more tough the the spots/colors!!!

Those are the only 2 that I noticed a difference. The DG pink and retro blue seem identical. The difference you see in the canary yellow in the pic is new vs. used - scary as it sounds, the chips that I received 14 months ago could use a little cleaning. :eek:

Most colors should be the same unless we were forced to change them (where I brought that to customer's attention)
You have to remember that some of the ASM Vegas clay was made in Portland pre-move and some made in Vegas (not all correctly)
Some of the re-Vegas clay even made it back to Portland again unused.
Things have only changed because dye's have changed or are no longer available. Some of the dye's have to be bought in quantites that last 10 years so I guess it is not a surprise if they change a fraction. I suspect manufacturers have removed 'unsafe' elements over time that probably no-one knew were there.

4 had the best mix of color. I don't like seeing too much of any one color.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom