"Smooth" Monte Carlo chips from Apache poker (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Looking to put together a tournament set. I was looking at the smooth Monte Carlo chips from Apache poker. Anybody have any experience with them. I know they're sluggos. Debating between those or adding on to my Majestic set

Looking for a set that includes $5,000 chips or higher for a deep stacked tournament. I think I looked at his set which one was it

Do you mean these chips?
20210401_085541.jpg

If so, not sure where you are in PA but we are in Westminster, MD. What kind of breakdown are you looking for?

BTW a company in Australia called jackspoker.com.au sells high denom Monte Carlo Plaques. Nothing is cooler than breaking out plaques with players that have never seen them before!
Screenshot_20210914-184403_Samsung Internet.jpg

Never bought any unfortunately, but if you want those chips and high stakes, this would be a cool option!

As far as the chips... well they are sluggos, we used them for one poker game when we first started playing again. They did great for a group that was used to dice chips. Also 95% of these chips were never used... bought way more than I needed! Lol

I even know of a few card rooms that run these MC on a regular basis for multi table tourneys and seem to be holding up fine.

I said I would never sell them but honestly they will probably sit and collect dust until the end of time. If you want to check them out/ think about buying them/ check out some other cool chips you are welcome anytime!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Looking for a set that includes $5,000 chips or higher for a deep stacked tournament. I think I looked at his set which one was it
Yeah I have up to 1300 chips, with minimal TC5,000 chips, but could be a perfect for changing inlay project for cheap.... as whole set I’m asking for is $260, 1k chip set,
plus ship.

Well I just pulled the trigger on a set from straight poker supplies. It's a Milano set but they relabel them as crazy horse and I really like the way it looks

Do you mean these chips?
View attachment 777335
If so, not sure where you are in PA but we are in Westminster, MD. What kind of breakdown are you looking for?
I was looking to do a 10 person tournament maximum 10 or $15,000 starting stack with rebuys. I just pulled the trigger on a set of crazy horse from straight poker supply. They're rebranded milano's but they look really nice. Not saying I'm not still interested in Monte Carlos. I have the chip sickness lol. And yes I like high-end and cheapos

I was looking to do a 10 person tournament maximum 10 or $15,000 starting stack with rebuys. I just pulled the trigger on a set of crazy horse from straight poker supply. They're rebranded milano's but they look really nice. Not saying I'm not still interested in Monte Carlos. I have the chip sickness lol. And yes I like high-end and cheapos
We also play $15k starting stacks for single table in our home game. I built this one as T5 based - T2K SS but it can easily do both!

As far as cheapos... I still have my first chips
20210329_223359.jpg

And the Monte Carlos are not our only slugged set! Lol
20200804_074425.jpg

So I just got my sample of Monte Carlo chips from Apache poker. I have to say, sluggos have come a long way. They wouldn't be my first choice if I had unlimited funds but for the price and the quality man I'm impressed

So I just got my sample of Monte Carlo chips from Apache poker. I have to say, sluggos have come a long way. They wouldn't be my first choice if I had unlimited funds but for the price and the quality man I'm impressed

The amount of money people drop on a chip set borders on the ridiculous considering the object of the game.

The Monte Carlo chips are not new. I played in a weekly home tournament/cash game that had Monte Carlo chips back in 2011. The artwork is nice and the colors are vibrant. The chips stack rather well. The only downside imo is their weight, but that doesn't really matter if they are not a travel set.

I like to harken back to those old days when we played with a chip set that worked, but didn't cost twenty times a player's buy-in. Even though I have moved up in stakes, I would be happy putting the Monte Carlos in to play.

For me with the recent freedom customise on Card Mold and the very affordable pricing, they will always be my first #1 choice recommendation for anyone who can’t afford clay or don’t want to spend so much on chip

The amount of money people drop on a chip set borders on the ridiculous considering the object of the game.

The Monte Carlo chips are not new. I played in a weekly home tournament/cash game that had Monte Carlo chips back in 2011. The artwork is nice and the colors are vibrant. The chips stack rather well. The only downside imo is their weight, but that doesn't really matter if they are not a travel set.

I like to harken back to those old days when we played with a chip set that worked, but didn't cost twenty times a player's buy-in. Even though I have moved up in stakes, I would be happy putting the Monte Carlos in to play.
Great take, its how I felt when I first joined, but after truly studying the chips, creating a new set you really do appreciate the different kinds of molds/ designs/ artwork. I guess its personal preference at the end of the day. Yes some sets make me wonder how their values are that high, and others with the same material make up are worth cents.

That being said I have a set of Monte Carlo mold chips, with a custom inlay design for sale at 1/5th the price of half these sets for sale if interested!

@ChipRocker I am indeed interested in your Monte Carlo set. Been wandering around the web looking for a good price on em, definitely wouldn't turn my nose up at a used set. What are the denominations?

For the monte carlo set, has any one had issues with cleaning them in warm water and soap? Or, if there is a time limit with soaking them.

For the monte carlo set, has any one had issues with cleaning them in warm water and soap? Or, if there is a time limit with soaking them.
Unless you've gotten them dirty why would you need to? A quick rinse in warm water should be fine. If you've got the ones with the glitter ring I'd be careful as it's easy to rub off.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom