Tourney Small denom Cash set also to be used for Tournaments (1 Viewer)

buffalojim

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Alright, I'm gonna be that guy and start another thread on this, maybe some others are wondering the same as me. I apologize in advance :( I recently took the plunge and started to buy myself some some legit Paulson chips. My group of players, usually 6-8, but possibly 9 or 10) really only play tournaments but I want to start hosting small stakes cash games in the future with $0.25/$0.25 blinds or even $0.25/$0.50. Because I cannot afford to buy Paulson chips in the usual denominations we used for tournaments, which is this...

$25
$50
$100
$500
$1000
$5000

I have accumulated Paulsons in the following denoms and chip count.

$0.25 x 0 (should I be looking to acquire 100 or possibly 200)
$1.00 x 200
$5.00 x 200
$25.00 x 100

Obviously for a cash game the chips will be face value. My question is two fold. First, for a tournament, what would be the best starting stack and blind structure to utilize the chips I have in these small denoms? I don't know why I'm having such a hard time figuring this out. The second part of this question is whether or not I should get 100 or 200 quarters. I think most of you will say 100 but I'm asking anyway, just in case others are curious.

I just want to make clear that there will never be more than one table, not for the foreseeable future, and there is not a cash and tourny game running simultaneously, so no danger of chips going where they're not supposed to.

I am grateful for any and all help. You guys really know your stuff.

$100 starting stack (very similar to T10k)...

$0.25 x 12
$1.00 x 12
$5.00 x 7
$25.00 x 2

Chip up with $5s and rebuys with 4x$25.

100 quarters will do but my sweet spot is 140. For others it is 120. Either way would make goof for cash or tourney.

$100 starting stack (very similar to T10k)...

$0.25 x 12
$1.00 x 12
$5.00 x 7
$25.00 x 2

Chip up with $5s and rebuys with 4x$25.

100 quarters will do but my sweet spot is 140. For others it is 120. Either way would make goof for cash or tourney.

Thank you very much for your input. This is actually the exact breakdown I did for my little tournament last week. I currently have a China clay cash set of Pharaoh's with the same denoms and used this breakdown. I just wondered if there might be a better way to bring more $25's in. I think what you suggest and what I did previously will be the best way to go. I really thank you for your input :)

Thank you very much for your input. This is actually the exact breakdown I did for my little tournament last week. I currently have a China clay cash set of Pharaoh's with the same denoms and used this breakdown. I just wondered if there might be a better way to bring more $25's in. I think what you suggest and what I did previously will be the best way to go. I really thank you for your input :)

More rebuys :)

Otherwise you could go...

$0.25 x 8
$1.00 x 8
$5.00 x 3
$25.00 x 3

Yep, I like em lol. Not agaist using less at all, just wondered if there was a more ideal way, but I don't think there is. I mean, I have 100 of them and they were the most expensive and probably the nicest looking. It's probably my fault for getting such a cool $25, but I don't regret it :)

I prefer:

$0.25 x 12
$1 x 17
$5 x 16

Keep it simple with just 3 denominations at the start. Still have some more $5's for top-offs/add-ons, and use the $25's for rebuys.

I prefer:

$0.25 x 12
$1 x 17
$5 x 16

Keep it simple with just 3 denominations at the start. Still have some more $5's for top-offs/add-ons, and use the $25's for rebuys.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom