Small blind game (1 Viewer)

DoubleEagle

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
My group wants to play the “small blind game.” I don’t understand it. What is it? Pros and cons?

Every time someone becomes the small blind they add x to a separate pot. When the small blind wins a hand (with or without showdown), they get the pot.

variants also include dealer/button game

Last edited:
I don't have any idea about what that might be.
What I can imagine, is that for short-handed games (up to 5 or maybe 6 players) a single blind could be enough.
In that case, to boost the pot, there could be an equal amount of "Dealer's ante" (tax) to be put into the pot.

Every time someone becomes the small blind they add x to a separate pot. When the small blind wins a hand (with or without showdown), they get the pot.

variants also include dealer/button game

Sounds like fun.
Do many have experience with this one?
Any feedback?

Sounds like fun.
Do many have experience with this one?
Any feedback?
It makes the game a bit bigger and loosens up the action. The bigger x is, the crazier the game. I like x at 2-5 times the big blind.

My group wants to play the “small blind game.” I don’t understand it. What is it? Pros and cons?
We have done this.
we do it like @khp says. Small blind posts his normal small blind on table and an additional small blind on button. This continues (sometimes for 3 or 4 orbits) until the small blind wins a hand (must scoop/no chops) and then the small blind takes all the chips that have accumulated on button

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom