Slow rolling dealer (1 Viewer)

I don't mind a table sweat (i.e. turning the card over for all to see) - but a personal sweat is certainly obnoxious, but i'll never speak up about it because I don't care about that kind of thing all that much - what will be is what will be.

We don’t allow it. Is it a big deal? No, but it is annoying and we just don’t do it

Man, you would hate how I Teddy KGB the river every single deal.

I guess the difference is when I do the dramatic placement and corner snap on the river card everyone can see it.

Poker should be fun when it’s a home game. We’ve had the same crew for, like, a decade so I guess we’re more forgiving too.

I was watching the main event this year - i don't remember what day it was, but it was definitely after the bubble, so big money is on the line. During an all-in, when the dealer turned the river card, some a-hole at the table goes "chop." It wasn't a chop, and he was just trying to give the poor bastard who's tournament just ended, a second of hope - why? Because he's a sociopath? Seriously, if you think it's funny to screw with people like that, you're a jerk. And it'd the same thing as the gasp in my situation.
I understand home games are different - slow-rolling each other, calling each other the filthiest names for sucking out on the river - it's all good and I like it that way. But this one felt different. Like I said, maybe it's because this guy wasn't in the hand. Or maybe I'm just being a big baby, I don't know.

There’re always some quirks with the dealing in self dealt games that I don’t care for. My pet peeves in no particular order:

- the ”slow roll” of this OP.
- the pre-burn.
- putting the turn and/or river to the left of the flop.
- putting the turn and river below the flop
- poor riffles.
- reluctance to use the cut card.
- not paying attention to the action.
- not gathering folded hands to the muck.
- not pulling in bets after betting round is complete.
- commenting on the community cards and possible hands.

There are probably more.

I was watching the main event this year - i don't remember what day it was, but it was definitely after the bubble, so big money is on the line. During an all-in, when the dealer turned the river card, some a-hole at the table goes "chop." It wasn't a chop, and he was just trying to give the poor bastard who's tournament just ended, a second of hope - why? Because he's a sociopath? Seriously, if you think it's funny to screw with people like that, you're a jerk. And it'd the same thing as the gasp in my situation.
I understand home games are different - slow-rolling each other, calling each other the filthiest names for sucking out on the river - it's all good and I like it that way. But this one felt different. Like I said, maybe it's because this guy wasn't in the hand. Or maybe I'm just being a big baby, I don't know.
You’re a Boston guy so you should get this:
1658502154257.jpeg

Yes, but if you’re playing stud, I think it’s mandatory. At least that’s what tv and movies have taught me.
I don’t really play stud so I’ll take your word for it

Yes, but if you’re playing stud, I think it’s mandatory. At least that’s what tv and movies have taught me.
Fine line between calling out each player's showing hand (a part of determining the best hand showing, which leads the betting) and calling out each player's potential hands that haven't gotten there yet.

- the pre-burn.
- poor riffles.

- Players who say “I don’t cut,” “what does it matter, it’s all random,” etc. Just cut the deck and pass it to your left already.

on the opposite end of the spectrum, i played in a tournament once where everyone got one "run it twice" chip. you could use it for any all-in, and then it was spent - actually a pretty neat tournament twist. it was a self-dealt game but when we got down into the money at the FT, one played offered to deal. i don't remember the specific hand, but i shoved the flop on a huge combo draw and got insta-called. the dealer WHIPPED out the turn and the river and i whiffed before i could say i wanted to play my chip. i was SO pissed but i held it together, but it still annoys me to this day (this was probably 5 years ago lol).
I've never heard of this format. I love it.

There’re always some quirks with the dealing in self dealt games that I don’t care for. My pet peeves in no particular order:

- the pre-burn.
- poor riffles.

There are probably more.
A.few are annoying a few wouldnt fly at my games. Specifically preburning (why burn then?). And commenting on commumitt cards.

on the opposite end of the spectrum, i played in a tournament once where everyone got one "run it twice" chip. you could use it for any all-in, and then it was spent - actually a pretty neat tournament twist. it

I've never heard of this format. I love it.
That is cool. I am going to try it next game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom