Slate Music Quiz: Name that tune in 1 second - 70s, 80s, 90s and recent hits (1 Viewer)

16 out of 16 on the 90's, and I am kind of embarrassed to admit it, but, that makes me happy.

I was 11 years old when the nineties started and I turned 21 in 1999. A person goes through a lot during that time frame of life and, for me, was when I really started getting into music. My memories of the nineties are everything from still being a young kid and doing kid stuff, to the crazy times of middle school and high school, to my first love, and, of course my first heartbreak. Some of the best times of my life and also things that changed the course of my life forever are during that time. Memories of people who will be lifelong friends and some who aren't here anymore where made during that time...all those memories set to a soundtrack in my head. I mostly listened to stuff that I think is "better" than a lot of the music that was on the quiz, but it still made me happy to remember how I didn't (and still don't) do much in my life with out music accompanying it. The quiz brought back some good memories and makes me want to get my old cd's out. :)

Tried them all

70s 13/16
80s 15/16
80s (2) 14/16
90s 15/16
Recent 5/16

just did the rest. including my previous score:

70s: 15 out of 16
80s (1): 12 out of 16
80s (2): 9 out of 16
90s: 15 out of 16
Recent: 7 out of 16 (though i admit two of these were sheer chance based on the letter patterns and a couple lucky initial guesses)

70s - 12/16
80s - 14/16
80s vol.2 - 14/16 (seemed easier than vol. 1)
90s - 14/16
recent - 11/16

It helps that I am really good at word puzzles. A good 20-30% of these I would never have gotten, but I figured them out by filling in the blanks. Multiple choice would have been a better format.

BTW is it wrong that several times, the first thing that popped into my head was actually the Weird Al parody of a given song?

70s - 12/16
80s - 14/16
80s vol.2 - 14/16 (seemed easier than vol. 1)
90s - 14/16
recent - 11/16

It helps that I am really good at word puzzles. A good 20-30% of these I would never have gotten, but I figured them out by filling in the blanks. Multiple choice would have been a better format.

BTW is it wrong that several times, the first thing that popped into my head was actually the Weird Al parody of a given song?
Not wrong at all. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom