Site Update - 2019 (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
No date set but sometime in the 1st quarter of 2019 I will be moving PCF to the newest platform after all testing is done on my dev site.

Some new features to look out for!

Bookmark posts
Quick links to your favorite posts, a post you want to reply later, etc.

2018-11-27_16-34-20.png

2018-11-27_16-35-07.png

Add Tables to posts.

2018-11-27_16-33-04.png

2018-11-27_16-48-31.png

Likes / Reactions

2018-11-27_16-36-33.png

Push Notifications *

A user will be able to subscribe to receive their alerts via devices which are compatible. Users will only be able to enable push notifications if they are using a compatible device. This is supported by most major browsers except Safari on macOS and any browser on iOS.

The album really was crippled with the last update. I hope the upcoming one enables you to custom sort the images in your albums again.

Meh @ round user avatars. Not like the freed-up space in the four corners was being repurposed for anything useful... pure chasing of stupid design trends. (I know that was not a deliberate choice @Tommy, I know it's a take-it-or-leave-it all in one bundle for the most part)

The bookmarks feature sounds really helpful however!

Tables and bookmarks both great new features. Option to search PM/convo would be incredibly helpful. Still waiting on "ignore thread" button, where it totally disappears from my view.

Glad to hear about bookmarks! Thanks, @Tommy. Any thoughts on live chat or having a Discord channel for PCF?
Nah, I don't like them. If self hosted, they are resource hogs and any chip related info discussed is lost forever.

Possibility of making PMs searchable?
It might be there by the time the new version comes out of beta.

I've only been here for a few weeks, but have already found myself missing the bookmarks option for a lot of useful posts and/or long reads. Great addition!

I'm less than 24 hours new to site so I'm torn between serious or overally sarcastic

It was an inside joke. An older outdated chip forum tried to monitize their site, and unless you paid for the “membership” you were limited to 10 PMs stored in your inbox.

It was an inside joke. An older outdated chip forum tried to monitize their site, and unless you paid for the “membership” you were limited to 10 PMs stored in your inbox.
Hilarious thanks lol

Every pron post has a BIN option if the offer is high enough ;)

A popular opinion, but I don't think it's true.

I don't think my Casablanca $1s are going anywhere until after I'm gone. But perhaps someone with really deep pockets should try me, just as an experiment. For science. Yeah, that's the ticket. Certified funds only...

A popular opinion, but I don't think it's true.

Well, it's pretty hard to imagine anyone would turn down say a billion USD in exchange for their entire chip collection.

Of course it's equally hard to imagine anyone offering that amount for chips, but my point was that I believe there exists a number, even if it's outrageously high, for almost every person/set.

Full disclosure, any six-figure offer would take my entire collection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom