Site Downtime (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
I will be moving the site over to a new server tonight at about 1am est. The new server has latest stable versions of PHP, MySQL, Red Hat, and Apache.

The reason for the move is to take full advantage of the front end software updates that is coming down the pipeline.
Downtime will be kept to a minimum because I am transferring to another server that is already upgraded vs doing in-place upgrades. (some upgrades can't be done in-place and some are risky anyway).

My IPs and nameservers are coming too so there will be no waiting for DNS propagation.
The transfer process will take about 60 minutes. If you try to access the site during the move you will get a forum closed message and possibly some database/server error messages.

Good skill on the transition. I would say good luck but luck is not involved :). Thx for an awesome forum.

Good skill on the transition. I would say good luck but luck is not involved :). Thx for an awesome forum.

Thx. I've done test transfers all week. host file mod and tested the site. Should go smooth. T-minus 5 mins. :)

Well, it took 24 mins longer. May have to do a server re-start in the next few mins.

the site is running like

MMMMMMOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm rebuilding the Apache configuration file so that is probably why.

On a positive note, the poker room seems very zippy. But anything to do with posts/search/whatever takes a lot longer now. A lot longer.

On a positive note, the poker room seems very zippy. But anything to do with posts/search/whatever takes a lot longer now. A lot longer.

I'll get that tuned up shortly.

12 seconds from click link to load page. That's an eternity.

Thanks for the upgrade, btw (srsly). See ya tomorrow. :)

12 seconds from click link to load page. That's an eternity.

Thanks for the upgrade, btw (srsly). See ya tomorrow. :)

It's already tomorrow. See you soon. :)

lol, it's clicking along a lot faster now.

It's still not 100% yet. Gonna be a long night for me. :(

Figures I do a super late night check in the classifieds and the site goes down :)

Everything should be good to go now. Had to do some software/setting optimization and rebuild Apache.

Well i certainly appreciate what you're doing with the site. I'm glad you know what all this programming jargon means.

Thanks for your effort. Tapatalk wasn't working and I was a bit wooried. But now everything is running very smooth again.

tapatalking ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom