Simple Chip Designer - Beta (1 Viewer)

HobokenNJ

Two Pair
Reaction score
You may recall from my previous posts that I'm not a real designer or a real programmer, but I like to dabble (see, e.g., my blinds timer; & custom cash set).

When I saw @Bosco24's grid of chip designs, I wondered what automation could do to those templates. (At the time I was learning about Inkscape (my addiction), the SVG format, and that SVG was fundamentally just text files.) After the chip designs were uploaded to the community, I decided to have a look and see what I could do.

This website is the result of that exploration: http://poker.is-great.net/.
(This project is hosted on a free webhosting service and so it may be unreliable at times.)

Basically, it lets you create a set of nine chips using @Bosco24's inlays and edge spots, along with your custom colors. When you're done messing around, you should be able to download your work as an SVG. This will let you (hopefully?) take it to a real designer and have them polish them for you.

Hopefully, this is some interest to you. Enjoy!

Last edited:
So this lets you export your design as a vector image, and can show both the front, back, and full edgespot designs to use to have printed? So if, this is exactly what I've been looking for since I stop subscribing to Adobe a long time ago to use for exporting vector.

Thanks, @HobokenNJ.

So the only thing I think should be added is to show the imprint if the edges, since right now this feature just designs the faces of the chip. If you can add to where you can also show the long string of the chips edge design so it can be used to print on the entire chip edge and keep alignment as well, that would be a big help for exporting for manufacturing.

So the only thing I think should be added is to show the imprint if the edges, since right now this feature just designs the faces of the chip.

That would be pretty neat. I'll check the thread again, but I don't think edge files were released. I'm not sure I have the brainpower (or skills) to figure out how to generate something like that.

Update: There is a file that has edges--I've already downloaded it. I'll need to stare at it a bit more to figure out if I can do something useful with it. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Adding a simple edge designer based on the edges in the .ai files. Available here: http://poker.is-great.net/edges.php

There doesn't look like a complete set of edges available. It would be useful to have a guide that matches up as many of the designs with edges as possible. I need to take a break from this, but this graphic illustrates:
edge-v-design.png
For example, it looks like A-4, matches with Edge 1.

I'm not sure there's an easy way to spit out edges where no edges exist.

I tried this out and it's awesome! The only thing that would make it better would be an interface that shows you the edge spots and gives you a color picker, so that you don't have to refer to any charts when making the chips. Obviously that would be for a later version once everything is polished, but it's great so far. :)

Edit: Also, a way to import your own inlay design would be sweet!

@HobokenNJ I apologize for making update requests on what is a free project... Is it possible to make an update to allow for alternating colors on some edge spots. It would be awesome to be able to make D4 and H6 chips with alternating edge spot colors like the Day Green Aztar 25 or Casablanca 1 chip.

Great tool!

Is it possible to make an update to allow for alternating colors on some edge spots.

Do any of the current edge spot patterns correspond with what your thinking (but with not enough colors)? My post above has a link to the edge spots I was able to download.

I'm not skillful enough to design new edge spots, but should be able to take the old ones and alter colors (or process new SVG files with edge spots).

Do any of the current edge spot patterns correspond with what your thinking (but with not enough colors)? My post above has a link to the edge spots I was able to download.

I'm not skillful enough to design new edge spots, but should be able to take the old ones and alter colors (or process new SVG files with edge spots).

I don't want to add any new edge spot patterns. I just want to allow for alternating colors on D4, H6, and H7.

D6 and D7 allow for alternating colors but D4 doesn't.

I hope that makes sense.

For example, to make any of the below chips you would need to allow for an alternating color scheme using H7 which isn't currently possible.

ES Tourney Chips.jpg

I can't tell from the pictures.
Is there an edge in the edge designer tool for 6D18?

This tool is fantastic for non-artistic guys like me. I, too "wasted" some time and came up with something. Just playing around but still really enjoy this site. Thanks!

Attachments

• Design Trial Run.png
    Design Trial Run.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Edge Trial Run.png
    Edge Trial Run.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 126
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have a question for those using these tools for mock-up purposes. Am I the only one for whom the spot on the left-most side is missing? Just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

For example, I'm using edge 15 to match with a 2 spot 4 edge design.
1614047004254.png

I'm assuming the second spot for the last edgespot should appear on the left-most side. Just wondering if I'm not using the tool correctly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom