Silly jokes (2 Viewers)

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So, sometimes morale runs pretty low at my office. So I decided to start posting a silly joke every day on the wall just outside my office. The idea was to see people smile, and maybe have someone say hello to me who might not otherwise do so. The reaction has been amazing! I hear people giggle as they walk by. Or sometimes they knock on my window and give me the thumbs down sign if the days joke is particularly bad. It's been fun.

....but, I am running out of jokes!

i thought I would start a similar thread here -- with all the "lively" discussions of politics and gun violence, it might be nice to have a little laugh too.

So please feel free to post jokes! I will use them on my wall if they seem fitting.

Rules: no mean-spirited jokes! Just silly jokes.

That is the only rule.
Best to put the entire joke in one thread comment.

Last edited:
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question??

This reminds me of two signatures in members posts that I like, can't quite remember who has them, but:

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that can understand binary and those who can't.

and

There are two types of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete information

lol

I like those two.

"Occams raiser" is the only other one I've seen that I like more.

How do you wake Lady Gaga?

You Poke 'er face!

(Ok, hopefully that isn't mean spirited, but given the audience. I HAD to post that one!!)

I hope that's not mean spirited as well because I would have to re-calibrate my "mean spirited" meter immediately. ;)

Are <deleted> jokes allowed?
Ok yes for purposes of laughter here. But I certainly can't use them at work :)

Edit: ok, I didn't know about the other joke thread. I don't want to get locked down. So maybe no such jokes. Just silly.

Last edited:
These two strings are walking down the street when they come across a bar. One says to the other, "Let's go in and have a drink." So they swing the saloon doors open and take a seat at the bar. The first string calls the bartender over and says, "Bartender, We'll both have a whiskey." The bartender says, "What? Read the sign buddy. We don't serve strings here, get the hell out of my bar." So the strings were angry and left. They were arguing with each other about how best to get a drink when one string suggested a disguise. He says, "I'll just take one end of my string and loop it around, then pull it through the hole. Then I'll shred up the end and put on these sunglasses, He won't know the difference." So they go back into the bar, have a seat and the bartender comes over. "Hey aren't you that string I just threw out of here?

The string replied, "Nope I'm a frayed knot."

After a talking sheepdog gets all the sheep in the pen, he reports back to the farmer: “All 40 accounted for.”

“But I only have 36 sheep,” says the farmer.

“I know,” says the sheepdog. “But I rounded them up.”

I have a collection of my favorite jokes, but you'd get fired if you told any of them at work. PM me if interested though. [emoji41]

A wife complains to her husband: “Just look at that couple down the road, how lovely they are. He keeps holding her hand, kissing her, holding the door for her, why can’t you do the same?”

“Are you crazy? I barely know her!”

Maybe this belongs in the gun thread ;)

Two guys are out hunting in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn’t appear to be breathing, his eyes are glazed over. The other man pulls out his phone with trembling fingers and calls 911. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

The operator says "Please stay calm. I will help you. First of all, let's make sure he's dead." There’s a silence, then a gun shot. The guy gets back on the phone and says "OK, now what?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom