Sideshow Poker - The Cash Set (1 Viewer)

arch3r

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
A few years ago I built a 40 person tourney set, Sideshow Poker. I'm really happy how it turned out. It's been in play more than a few times at my neighborhood monthly game and also was the guest set at @krafticus monthly game once last year. I have had lots of positive feedback. So I decided to try my hand at designing another custom set.

This time I wanted to do a cash set of solids as a companion set to the tourney. I spent quite a bit of time collecting and trying out different color combinations and coming up with the right look and feel. I ultimately "borrowed" the from an old-school Hacienda chip.

0.jpg

While my tourney set is more bright and colorful and playful, I wanted the cash set to have a darker, more of a old-school cigar-smoked filled card room feel while still maintaining the Sideshow moniker. So this is what I came up with.

cb_ss2_mock.png

Currently the set will contain...
140 x $0.25
300 x $1
300 x $5
100 x $20
20 x $100
That should be more than adequate for any cash game I host in the foreseeable future.

The actual chips are in the same used but good condition as the tourney set, which is how I like my chips. I still need to mill a bunch of them and oil them all before I apply the labels. But I have time since I just put the order in with gear and it's going to be awhile before I receive them.

PXL_20220902_215918880.jpg

Just wanted to share what I have been working on. Once I get set fully milled, oiled and labeled, I'll be posting more pics.

Would love to hear what y'all think.

thanks for looking,

chris.

Sideshow Poker is a suuuuper rad set! Honored and privileged to have seen them on the felt :love:
Looking forward to seeing this next creation :cool

Couldn't imagine a better label for this set. Nice work!

That inlay looks great. I know you said you "borrowed it" from the Hacienda, but yours looks better.

Amazing inlay, love the greyish/black near the rim!!! Congrats on the set!

Yeah. That's makes it for me. Went back and forth on it, just weathered vs. extra grunge/grime.

My wife was like, eeeww, it looks dirty. Most chippers were like, awesome, love the extra grime look.

@Gear and @Wifey were amazing to work with ( thanks Chris and Andrea!!! ). @Gear took the original design and added the extra grime. Then sent samples both ways so I could see them live on the actual chips. Made all the difference. Nothing like seeing the final product in person.

PXL_20230622_150423995.jpg

PXL_20230622_145511953.jpg

In the end, chipper's opinions were right, extra grimey FTW. ( but don't tell my wife she was wrong, the couch is not that comfortable ;):ROFL: :ROFLMAO: )

Tried to do a close up showing the texture label with all it's glorious edge grime.

PXL_20231011_115651443.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom