Side Show Poker

arch3r

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been working on a custom tourney set since 2018. I had set a New Year's Resolution in 2018 to have a CPC set designed and produced before the year end. One thing lead to another and well I acquired a "few" other cash and tourney sets over the last 2 1/2 years. My tourney sets include a Horseshoe Cincy 36mm set and a Royals 43mm set. I still wanted my own custom set. But I have also fallen in love with solids and have collected just a few over the last year or so. I blame @allforcharity :D He started me down this solids addiction.

IMG_20200713_140420.jpg

I decided to pass on the full CPC customs and instead mill my solids and have a custom label designed. I wanted it have a fun colorful old school feel. I decided on a Circus Circus inspired design. I had first mocked it up ( just changing the colors - that is the extent of my photoshop skillz ) when I was thinking I was doing a CPC set back in Jan or 2018.

Well I took that idea and finally engaged @Johnny5 to make my concept a reality. Went back and forth with him for a few months. Many, many iterations and finally it's done. Just put the label order into @Gear for a 20 person T2000 and T10,000 set, so I thought it was time to share.

May I present to you, Side Show Poker.

0.png

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
This is pissa. Love it.
Except the “prize units.” But I feel like than an homage to something I’ve seen before?

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been working on a custom tourney set since 2018. I had set a New Year's Resolution in 2018 to have a CPC set designed and produced before the year end. One thing lead to another and well I acquired a "few" other cash and tourney sets over the last 2 1/2 years. My tourney sets include a Horseshoe Cincy 36mm set and a Royals 43mm set. I still wanted my own custom set. But I have also fallen in love with solids and have collected just a few over the last year or so. I blame @allforcharity :D He started me down this solids addiction.

View attachment 493518

I decided to pass on the full CPC customs and instead mill my solids and have a custom label designed. I wanted it have a fun colorful old school feel. I decided on a Circus Circus inspired design. I had first mocked it up ( just changing the colors - that is the extent of my photoshop skillz ) when I was thinking I was doing a CPC set back in Jan or 2018.

Well I took that idea and finally engaged @Johnny5 to make my concept a reality. Went back and forth with him for a few months. Many, many iterations and finally it's done. Just put the label order into @Gear for a 20 person T2000 and T10,000 set, so I thought it was time to share.

View attachment 493528
Chris I love these chips. Dibs

Lemonzest

4 of a Kind
Reaction score

View attachment 493518

View attachment 493528

Great looking inlay art.

arch3r

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured this was coming, I reread my comment and thought oof.

If it matters, wonderpuddle is my favorite overall as far as semi customs/relabels. I heart your set very much.
No worries. It's all good. @wonderpuddle and I each came up with using the circus circus design separately. He just got his to market faster. I've been kicking this idea around for 2 1/2 years and I think it was worth the wait. :tup: :D

arch3r

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spent some time milling this weekend. Did about 1200 chips so far. Still a ways to go, but made a big dent in it.
IMG_20200816_181759.jpg

That's just a little bit of the overall shavings produced. My little shop vac is full.

IMG_20200815_154617.jpg

Then I cleaned and oiled 600 so far. A rack each of the first 6 colors. Looks like Skittles!
IMG_20200816_181356.jpg

Getting there once these dry thoroughly, I'll start labeling.

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spent some time milling this weekend. Did about 1200 chips so far. Still a ways to go, but made a big dent in it.
View attachment 512959

That's just a little bit of the overall shavings produced. My little shop vac is full.

View attachment 512963

Then I cleaned and oiled 600 so far. A rack each of the first 6 colors. Looks like Skittles!
View attachment 512961

Getting there once these dry thoroughly, I'll start labeling.
SKITTLES!

Whats a general cost for the setup to start milling chippies? Assume I have nothing.

TheDuke

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to be a fantastic set. Looking forward to seeing this set when it's completed. Really enjoy these threads that show all the steps/progress. Labor of love.

grebe

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
If you need inspiration while working on this set, just play Todd Snider on repeat:

Nice looking design! Loving the colors.

Top Bottom