Shuffling Stacks (1 Viewer)

springbox

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hi all, apologies if this should've gone in another thread but I didn't see a general FAQ.

I've gotten into playing home games with friends this year. I started out with a case of those cheap dice chips I received as a Christmas gift, and then ended up upgrading to a 600 chip set of the Monte Carlo Smooth 14g (one of the few sets I could find with a 5c chip for low-stakes games).

I'm not looking for a whole new set of chips, but I thought it'd be nice to buy 10 or 20 chips of a few varieties to get a feel for different kinds of chips. I certainly spend more time shuffling my stack sitting at my desk than I do playing poker. As far as I can tell the dice chips were plastic with a metal slug insert, and these Monte Carlos are also slug insert although I'm not sure what the outer layer is. Are china clays and ceramics the only other kinds of chips in terms of materials? I'm trying to look small sets (10~20 chips) of each kind to buy, but it can be somewhat confusing as to what exactly is differentiating different chips/brands. Does anyone have a recommendation for small shuffling stacks to try purchasing? Long term I may look to purchase a tournament set if I find a kind I really like at a reasonable price (<50c/ea), although I don't know if that budget is too low.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom