Shuffletech Gone? (1 Viewer)

jazzV3

Flush
Reaction score
Wondering if Rick Schultz just decided to take the money and run?....or is the web site just down.

www.shuffletech.com is dead stick right now.

I thought that I read an article that said the CEO (Schultz) announced that he would be bringing a new version to market sometime in 2019?

Not sure what money he’d be running with. Not to popular on this site, although I will say I rather enjoy mine. But dealing with them was not an ideal transaction, it seems more like a part-time operation.

For all the extra noise it creates I just don't see the cost benefit ratio in the price as it does NOT at all impact the speed of the game with 2 decks.

For all the extra noise it creates I just don't see the cost benefit ratio in the price as it does NOT at all impact the speed of the game with 2 decks.
That hasn't been my experience at all. It speeds things up very much for us - especially in a short-handed game. Nothing worse than amateur shufflers slowing things down by fumbling cards and not paying attention to their hand.

I just took delivery of a new shuffletech on April 17, 2019.. so as far as I know they are still in business.

I ordered it on Feb 6. So, clearly, working with them is a challenge

I was told they were backed up on orders and the cause of my delay in shipping was some parts they needed and fell short on. Maybe it's more popular than we would all think and the reviews online would lead us to believe.

After having the machine in play for 2 games, ,one with 10 players and one with 9 players, I can confidently say we are seeing more hands per hour. The less number of players on the table, the more the impact it has on hands per hour. As nights wind down and you have 5-6, you see a solid 40%+ more hands, no doubt

The impact it has is going to depend on the players. A game with most of the table who have played poker for years and have good shuffling skills I could not see this being a good investment at all.

I have casual players at my table. I also have some easily distracted people who like to talk/tell stories especially after a whiskey or three. Before I put this thing into play, it would not be uncommon for one of these type guys to shuffle for 3+ minutes while they tell a story. Even with some gentle nudging it was always a challenge to see our next hand. Handing them a shuffled deck that's ready to deal completely changed this behavior. They just immediately start dealing.

We use 2 decks. When a hand is completed, a freshly shuffled deck is handed to the next dealer while the old hand is pushed toward me. Everyone agreed we won't even offer a cut ( we figure, a machine did the shuffling, it's good). I collect the old hand as the next hand has already begun being dealt, and put them in the shuffler and smack the button. By the time I finish that action I've already got my next hand in front of me and betting has started.

My group is a bit loud, and with some music on it adds to ambient noise in the room. I wrapped the shuffler in an old towel and flush mounted it into a small wood side cart with the flush mount kit. The cart is a foot or two behind my seat. The noise is not a bit distracting. It just reminds you it is there on occaision.

I am pleased with the purchase. If it lasts more than 150 home games, I will feel as though it was worth the money. $4/game is insignificant compared to how much I spend on quality hot dogs for the damn hot dog roller!!! Haha.

I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to muffle the sound. Currently trying to put egg crate foam in the presentation tray, as we just use the flush mount style, along with some stuffed in the upper corners above the deflectors.

The guy in my group has modified a Coleman type cooler and just puts the cards in, then starts the shuffle ..closes the lid and presto.

Pretty neat. We have a blue cooler on a counter top next to the table while we play.

The guy in my group has modified a Coleman type cooler and just puts the cards in, then starts the shuffle ..closes the lid and presto.

Pretty neat. We have a blue cooler on a counter top next to the table while we play.
The Apache cases from Harbor Freight are the perfect size.
377C29B7-B40B-4BB7-A073-E2A4DA31282C.jpeg

My next solution if the foam doesn’t work that well. But not looking forward to trying to cut the top of the case perfectly as I’d just make it into a flush mount.
13A40351-7230-4BC1-B348-C33A4549B2F1.jpeg

Thanks for the alternative solution.

I shall pass these pictures along to my friend and see if we can move up to this from an ugly cooler.

The cooler does muffle the sound. I will say. For just the cost of the cooler.

How much are these cases? I will check it up. Bit harder to get certain products up in Canada.

Thanks for the alternative solution.

I shall pass these pictures along to my friend and see if we can move up to this from an ugly cooler.

The cooler does muffle the sound. I will say. For just the cost of the cooler.

How much are these cases? I will check it up. Bit harder to get certain products up in Canada.
Got it for $30 with a 25% off coupon. There are all different sizes this was the smaller size and is smaller than my Members Mark case.

Edit: I should add that I travel with mine so having the protection was the primary worry. Being able to carry it with one hand is added bonus.

I have just looked these up. Pretty skookum units. What an excellent idea and execution of your idea. Very cost effective for sure.

Definitely see ourselves moving up to this very affordable piece.

Even through the reviews I ended up getting one and it comes in with my table in a couple weeks. I opted out of having it flushmounted on my table because I figure if it is right in front of you the noise could be an issue. Instead I have it built into a drink cart and I'm going to look into possible sound muffling solutions.

I will say that the vast majority of the sound comes right out the top of this thing, so, flush mounting in a table right in front of all the players is probably a worst case scenario for noise. Wrapping the sides with something and mounting it into a side cart does help, but, in the end if the noise bothers you you basically have to enclose the top of the unit. The cooler/case idea is a good one.

setting a book on the top of my cart cuts the sound drastically. I wonder if I could make something that mounts to my side cart on hinges that I could swing up and cover the shuffler top. I dunno, the added step of swinging it up and then swinging it down every 5 minutes for 4 hours probably would make it not worth the decrease in noise.

I had great success when I put weatherstripping on the sides of the deck tray. Sound was significantly muffled however had to use bridge size (no concerns there) but still jammed almost every time. The sound comes from the cards hitting the plastic.

I will say that the vast majority of the sound comes right out the top of this thing, so, flush mounting in a table right in front of all the players is probably a worst case scenario for noise. Wrapping the sides with something and mounting it into a side cart does help, but, in the end if the noise bothers you you basically have to enclose the top of the unit. The cooler/case idea is a good one.

setting a book on the top of my cart cuts the sound drastically. I wonder if I could make something that mounts to my side cart on hinges that I could swing up and cover the shuffler top. I dunno, the added step of swinging it up and then swinging it down every 5 minutes for 4 hours probably would make it not worth the decrease in noise.

View attachment 288830
It's funny because I spent the last hour thinking the same thing and this is what I came up with.

I found a 5 cack of foam high density sound muffle panels. You can create a square enclosure around the top of the unit using 4 of the pieces. From there you would glue that down with any kind of a preferred adhesive. I'm researching what is best for this material. I think Gorilla Glue would get the job done and create a pretty flush fit. Lastly, you would use the the remaining panel to create a "door" for the top. Two hinges would suffice where one goes into a panel that is glued down to the cart and the top part of the hinge goes onto the "door". You can also mount a handle to the that upper lid to make it easy to open. Mine is mounted in a drink cart with the mid section exposed so I think I will also create a box enclosure underneath as well. Hope this makes sense. I'll have build pics probably a month from now when all my goods come in.

It's funny because I spent the last hour thinking the same thing and this is what I came up with.

I found a 5 cack of foam high density sound muffle panels. You can create a square enclosure around the top of the unit using 4 of the pieces. From there you would glue that down with any kind of a preferred adhesive. I'm researching what is best for this material. I think Gorilla Glue would get the job done and create a pretty flush fit. Lastly, you would use the the remaining panel to create a "door" for the top. Two hinges would suffice where one goes into a panel that is glued down to the cart and the top part of the hinge goes onto the "door". You can also mount a handle to the that upper lid to make it easy to open. Mine is mounted in a drink cart with the mid section exposed so I think I will also create a box enclosure underneath as well. Hope this makes sense. I'll have build pics probably a month from now when all my goods come in.

I think I need some visual aids.. ;)

I think I need some visual aids.. ;)
:D. When my shuffler comes in I'm going to play a couple games without any add ons and then do the build to try and get a decent comparison. I'll try and copy you on the build post when the time comes :).

I have one built into my main table and love it. It's been in use 1-2 times a month for almost 8 years, some cards work better than others but for the most part it works great, maybe 2-3 jams on average a night and even those are relatively easy to resolve. Makes short handed games much faster.

edit to add - I like it so much that I actually picked up a second used one a few years back when it appeared like the company might fold, just so I'd have a replacement if this one ever burns out.

I have one built into my main table and love it. It's been in use 1-2 times a month for almost 8 years, some cards work better than others but for the most part it works great, maybe 2-3 jams on average a night and even those are relatively easy to resolve. Makes short handed games much faster.
Would you says cards like Kems, Copags, and Bicycle Prestige work will in them? Those are my three favorite plastics.

Would you says cards like Kems, Copags, and Bicycle Prestige work will in them? Those are my three favorite plastics.

95% of the time I run J Design or Modiano cards with little problems, and have also run Copags through the unit. Not sure on Prestige, I don't think I've tried those in the machine. Kems should also work OK as long as they're not bowed and clean, but I find Kems a little stickier feeling so that might be an issue. It seems like the biggest factors in the machine jamming are bowed cards, dirty cards, and the main wheel getting gunked up.

That's good to know. I've read that some cleaning alcohol on a q tip with a dust blower goes a long way in keep the innards clean.

I've used Copags and Prestige without any increase in the jam rate. Like Irish, I also get a couple jams a night that I can usually clear quickly without needing a reset. Bridge cards seem to jam more often for me so I try to stick to poker size. I haven't tested it (yet) to know if that was based on size or brand of card.

I love my shuffler and can't image going back. My only gripe is that it marks the sides of my cards sometimes with little black marks. I suspect I need to clean the rollers more often than I currently do.

Oh okay, I haven't heard that one yet. I'll be sure to clean once a week. I like my cards to stay mint.

Interesting to hear praise. I think it has been beneficial to our game. I’d wanted one for years but the price tag was too high to justify and so many negative reviews. Found a good deal on a used one. I’ll still say the price point is a little too high.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom