Shuffler cut out question.

namsupak

Two Pair
Reaction score
I am considering cutting into my table and putting a shuffler in it. I am curious about what may be the best placement, since I am a little nervous about making a cut into the table in the first place, I want to make sure it is positioned right. Sometimes I see it parallel to the edge of the chip tray, and then sometimes I see it angled. Curious if anyone has a shuffler installed in their table. Currently I have two shuffle techs and I have those installed in carts that I put beside the dealer. It is working okay but when we have an extra player then we have to move it and it kind of negates the ease of use. I am looking to put a commercial shuffler in our existing table and put the shuffle techs on backup duty. Any advice or pics would be appreciated, thanks.

RocAFella1

Full House
Reaction score
Do you have a dedicated dealer? If so, I would orient the lid so that it is easy for the dealer to open and close it. If the game is self-dealt then I would have it perpendicular to the table so that it is accessible to two sides of the table, as pictured below. This is taken from the middle of the table.
1565764029612.png

namsupak

Two Pair
Reaction score
Do you have a dedicated dealer? If so, I would orient the lid so that it is easy for the dealer to open and close it. If the game is self-dealt then I would have it perpendicular to the table so that it is accessible to two sides of the table, as pictured below. This is taken from the middle of the table.
We have a dedicated dealer so I was thinking about going a little above the chip tray and off to the right. We tend to pile the pots on the left of the community cards anyhow. What do you think about just making it square with the chip tray instead of the rotation so it is angled?

Last edited:

2jzMk3

Two Pair
Reaction score
I’ve noticed some cardrooms put them in slightly different positions from table to table.

For example, the Bally’s poker room has their Deckmates to the right of the dealer, although some of their tables have the cutout closet to the dealer, while other tables in the same poker room has it almost to the betting line near seat 6. Having played in those seats quite a bit there, i very much dislike the shuffler to be too close to the 6 seat. Closer to the dealer as a player seems better to me.

Also, the only poker room in Vegas that I’ve visited so far that seems like they have their shufflers level with the felt is the Wynn. Every other place I’ve been to has them too far sunk in. This would be the biggest factor to me, even over placement on the table.

namsupak

Two Pair
Reaction score
Also, the only poker room in Vegas that I’ve visited so far that seems like they have their shufflers level with the felt is the Wynn. Every other place I’ve been to has them too far sunk in. This would be the biggest factor to me, even over placement on the table.
By this you mean like maybe the shuffler lip is probably compressing the foam too much so then stuff slides into the sunken in area? I was thinking maybe putting something under the lip like trim some dense foam or maybe even create a wood spacer to help keep it level with the playing field.

Top Bottom