SHUFFLE TECH News

madforpancakes

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turned out great! You mentioned the improvement noise-wise. How much of a noise reduction would you say putting it in the cabinet has been? If it’s significant, I’ll have to do something similar with mine - I’ve just been using mine on top of a side table, but the noise of it is pretty disturbing I find.
I'd say it takes it down a few db and rolls off a lot of the high frequencies, so the shuffling sounds "duller" if that makes sense. Having it below the level of the table in the side cart should help too. I made a video to show the difference between having the cabinet door open and closed, which is semi representative of how much dampening there is right now.

TheDuke

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I experimented with noise dampening materials with my Shuffletech. I opened up one of my Shuffletechs and applied dynamat to the interior surface of the casing. It helped a bit.

Most of the sound comes thru the top of the unit. I applied dynamat to the underside of the top door and that helped the most, but it was a bit ugly.

Easiest and most effective is just to lay a mousepad on top of the machine as it runs if the noise bugs you too much. That will eliminate alot of the noise.

For me, once you're playing, and there's a tv or music in the background and people are socializing and having conversations, the noise of the shuffler fades away as minor background noise.

madforpancakes

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I experimented with noise dampening materials with my Shuffletech. I opened up one of my Shuffletechs and applied dynamat to the interior surface of the casing. It helped a bit.

Most of the sound comes thru the top of the unit. I applied dynamat to the underside of the top door and that helped the most, but it was a bit ugly.

Easiest and most effective is just to lay a mousepad on top of the machine as it runs if the noise bugs you too much. That will eliminate alot of the noise.

For me, once you're playing, and there's a tv or music in the background and people are socializing and having conversations, the noise of the shuffler fades away as minor background noise.
That makes sense. I was resisting the idea of insulating the top door so I wouldn't miss seeing a jam if one occurred. But I suppose I would hear it anyway, haha. Did you have your shuffler in a cabinet as well or do you use it free standing?

TheDuke

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes sense. I was resisting the idea of insulating the top door so I wouldn't miss seeing a jam if one occurred. But I suppose I would hear it anyway, haha. Did you have your shuffler in a cabinet as well or do you use it free standing?
I actually mounted into my table.

So I think having yours in a cabinet lower than the table surface will help alot with the noise as well.

Top Bottom