Shuffle Tech Flush Mount Cabinet (1 Viewer)

rjdev7

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
As a wedding present, my wife got me a Shuffle Tech shuffler with the flush mount attachment (she's the best!). When I was using it with friends, the noise got to me as something that was a bit tilting, so I went on another journey in the shop to create a flush mount cabinet that matches my chip cabinet. Key to the design are two things:
  1. I installed mass loaded vinyl inside the area where the shuffler lives (MLV is sound deadening, similar to Dynamat for all you car audio enthusiasts out there)
  2. I used Green Glue acoustical sealant for the inner joints
I've found that the sound reduced by ~30% which makes me extremely happy considering how loud the Shuffle Tech is to begin with. Here's some pr0n for your enjoyment

1663611702676.png

1663611719771.png
1663611749091.png
1663611743950.png
1663611733339.png

1663611738155.png

And here he is next to his big brother, another build of mine (showcase here)
1663611767057.png

Nice work on the dovetails, the darker stain draw on the edges looks great.

This is beautiful. I wish I was better at woodwork. I was thinking about getting one of their $400 side carts, but yours is obviously MUCH nicer. Well done!

This is beautiful. I wish I was better at woodwork. I was thinking about getting one of their $400 side carts, but yours is obviously MUCH nicer. Well done!
Thank you! Turns out their price isn't too far off. I think this cabinet cost me $300 to build.

What if I told you that you could make something great with very little skills and tools and keep it under $100?

A prefab kitchen cabinet works great for me

I actually found this via the "Similar Threads" link. I think I swooned a bit, and immediately threw on some sweats to go to the hardware store, before realizing that it was 11pm and I was half (fully) drunk after rewarding myself with a huge glass of vodka for finishing the edge banding on my table refurb.

I'm getting deep into this rabbit hole. Showed up a few days ago interested in a set of poker chips, now I'm looking at building a shuffle cart before I've even hosted a game.

This thing looks awesome!

I'm getting deep into this rabbit hole. Showed up a few days ago interested in a set of poker chips, now I'm looking at building a shuffle cart before I've even hosted a game.

This thing looks awesome!
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Welcome to PCF! If you respect your wallet, you will log out and never come back!

@rjdev7 Any chance I could hit you up for your plans sometime in the future? Or at least some helpful hints if the time comes that I ask @alecnetwoodworks to build one of these for me? I probably never would have thought about the sound deadening. Great idea! Beautiful work too.

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Welcome to PCF! If you respect your wallet, you will log out and never come back!

@rjdev7 Any chance I could hit you up for your plans sometime in the future? Or at least some helpful hints if the time comes that I ask @alecnetwoodworks to build one of these for me? I probably never would have thought about the sound deadening. Great idea! Beautiful work too.
You could if I had plans. I just kind of did it as I went. You can see the dimensions of the ones sold on Shuffletech here though:

https://shuffletech.com/product/poker-side-cart/

You could if I had plans. I just kind of did it as I went. You can see the dimensions of the ones sold on Shuffletech here though:

https://shuffletech.com/product/poker-side-cart/
Honestly, $400 is not a bad deal for the un-handy. Since it includes the $150 flush mount kit, you're really only paying $250 for the cart. But yours is SO MUCH PRETTIER! And insulated for sound.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom