Shuffle Tech, buy it or not? (1 Viewer)

rrobyrrroby

Two Pair
Reaction score
Found this for ~$300
Screenshot_20230330-164724.png

Screenshot_20230330-165445~2.png

Quite old so out of warranty and not possible to repair from my understanding.
I'm waiting for a video from the seller that prove that it's still working fine.
He describes the rubber cylinders that spins inside as "sticky" and in need of cleaning or replace.
What do you think? Take it or leave it?

$300 is a great price but it's a waste if it doesn't work. I will never not have one again personally. Love it and great QOL improvement ESPECIALLY if you guys drink/have spaceheads in the group.

Maybe call Shuffletech, tell them that it's Sticky or whatever and see what they suggest for fixing it? If its an easy and consistent fix then do it!!

Found this for ~$300
View attachment 1109313
View attachment 1109317
Quite old so out of warranty and not possible to repair from my understanding.
I'm waiting for a video from the seller that prove that it's still working fine.
He describes the rubber cylinders that spins inside as "sticky" and in need of cleaning or replace.
What do you think? Take it or leave it?
Sounds worth it but wait for that video, make sure the sound is on. "Sticky" can mean a bunch of different things; hopefully just dirty rollers, but I'd like to see the parts before agreeing.

I see two separate questions here, but correct me if I’m wrong:

1) Do I want a shuffletech? - I have thoughts.

2) Do I want THIS shuffletech? - no idea

As for 1)
I would never buy a shuffletech for my game as it currently plays. We play 6-8 handed, self-dealt using two decks, shuffle behind. Most people are competent enough shufflers and dealers. A shuffletech might actually slow us down. And I find them unpleasantly loud.
If you’re in a situation with a single dealer, hell yes, get a shuffler. If you’re self dealt with lots of hopeless shufflers, yeah try a shuffler. If you just like gadgets, sure, give it a shot. But my point is that a shuffler isn’t a slam dunk thing that ever game needs.

I just got the answer from the ShuffleTech online customer service...
"That is an extremely old Shuffler. We cannot service machines that old."
So, no spare parts available. :cautious:

Anything with a serial prior to B12500 is too old to service. Per an email exchange I had with Chip Gray of Shuffletech a few years back. Not sure if that has been changed since.

I'd suggest buying a new one. It's a fun toy to have. Relative to the price of chips these days, it's pretty cheap.

If a shuffle tech is worth it to your game, I suggest getting a new one. If this is an experiment to see if it is worth it, then buy this one (assuming it works).

New one from the factory with warranty and can be serviced - $749 (currently has a 5% coupon, so $711.55)

Used one with no warranty, known to have issues and can't be serviced - $300

Personally I would probably go with new. You can probably sell it for much more than $300 if you end up not liking it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom