Show us your favorite poker table and tell us what makes it your favorite (3 Viewers)

Daddy N

Two Pair
Reaction score
I am starting to design my second poker table build.
What are your tables best features?
What did you think wouldn't make a difference but made all the difference?
If you were designing a new table what would be the must haves?

I like my most recent Fat Tire table build. I like the lighted raised rail, and the base (it’s rock solid). A good theme helps.

Overall I like full felt designs for playability. I like deco nails as an easy way to add class to a table. The lights are cool, but only if done right (not garish or too bright).

I dislike racetracks, cupholders on the playing surface level (this is just dumb), and tables that are full 4x8. A better size is around 92” x 44”.

-As round-ish (wide and short) as possible for an oval (so that people can see each other without turning their heads, and self-dealing could still be possible for a short table for 8).

-Very slightly raised (if at all) rail. My assumption is that the rail should sit at 10-chip stack height at least (or whisky glass height coming out of a playing-surface-based cupholder- see below).

-No wooden racetrack, unless it's covered by something softer and quieter, like leather(ette).

-Yes to cupholders IMHO, either on the rail or on the playing surface (old fashioned short whisky glasses would stand up to just the rail's height). The latter case requires a really wide table (48in width for an oval, or 55in for a round one). At any rate, no tall glasses should be allowed on the table. Cans are safer but should be banned for aesthetic reasons.

-Betting line is of great importance IMHO, for game education, discipline and order, and that's the only reason to not go with Suited Speed Cloth (you can only paint a betting line on the latter, with a good paint marker and lots of craftsmanship).

-LED Lighting: I don't know; I 've never played on a side-lit table. Could be useful if the lights faced low and did not glare, just to help with additional lighting for peeping cards. Aesthetically, not my cup of tea, but I could be converted.

-Felt color: On the darker side, to provide some contrast with the cards, and reflect less of the (required and supposed) very strong lighting provided from above.
Careful when designing felts in relation to chips and vice-versa; it would be stupid to have $25 chips and felt in the very same shade of green.
And, no busy themes please.

Finally, here's a table I adore. Image can't be copied, so it's table #64 , column A, row 22 (it would have been better with a slightly raised rail)
http://www.tables-de-poker.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=130&Itemid=283&lang=fr

It has been the inspiration for my much smaller (50.5in) round table

Last edited:
I only have one table. My favorite part of the table is the faux leather vinyl. It gives it a luxurious look and feel. Also, love the raised rail, although I could do without the LED lights. The table also feels solid and doesn't flex if you lean on the rails - probably the most important to me. I live in an apartment with my girlfriend, her favorite is the dining table cover.

Oh and @Mr Tree you need to turn that into a permanent base and make the base some kind of car related theme. It would be the ultimate goat then.

I can’t have two permanent tables but the thought has already been had. White wall tire pedestals is the answer btw.
Yes that would be way better than a jack :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. Still an amazing table even if it isn’t permanent.

Here's my favourite table as it was my 4th table build and my 1st attempt at a racetrack table was pretty chuffed with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom