Show me your small crown ideas! (1 Viewer)

Bit of a simian theme emerging...

Monkey Tree.png

Obvious work in progress as inlay is just a placeholder for now. But my uncle is the artist that was commissioned to create the "celebrate" forever postage stamp a few years ago...
Screenshot_2018-10-17-01-40-52.png

download.jpeg

So I'm planning to buy some custom chips and want the rounders mold. This is what I'm leaning towards right now. (I don't know how to get the rounders inlay so pretend the inlay are the rounders $25-$5000 lol)

$25 - Green with Dayglo pink spots
$100 - Black with Dayglo green spots
$500 - Purple with Dayglo arc yellow spots
$1000 - Dayglo saturn with retro blue and grey spots
$5000 - Maroon with light and dark chocolate spots

download.jpg

If these are ever made to work with hotstamping (currently they're not according to David's post in the CPC channel) a suuuuuuper long term project for my next set might be a tribute to the Caesars Palace tourney chips (which I love).

CPT.png

Excludes the 10K (which I neither like, nor understand ;) )
042F807F-D107-4FA8-BBE2-82D598A390A0.png

I know the original "5" is probably closer to DG Tiger. I just think the red works better. Maybe mandarin red.

Last edited:
What do you guys think the scrown molds would look like with hot stamps on solid colors? Something similar to the Atlantic club or private card room?

The problem, which even TRK had, is that the faces of the scrowns are ever so slightly concave— if you stamp hard/deep enough to make the whole image, you get a lot of material displaced on the edges, and the only solution is to scrape/plane the surface. You can see visible evidence of that on most of the Casbah Clubs—the faces look scraped. The worst part is that doing so removes a lot of the cross-hatching as well, so the chips are a little slipperier and aren’t as grippy.

Inlays don’t have that problem—fully intact cross-hatching means they’ll stack like bricks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom