Show Me Your Custom Hotstamp Sets! (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Per the title.

I'm pondering a custom hot stamp set for sometime in the distant future. I don't see many done, though. Is it cost prohibitive, difficult to pull off well, not enough interest, or all of the above?

Anyway, would love to see what you all have made!

Sure... I mean we own them but all credit to the amazing @Cliff who hand stamped these beauts!!
20210103_023803.jpg

But my pics suck! @FordPickup92 has the good ones
20201220_222143.jpg

The dies can be expensive, and the work is laborious. But for some folks it is their way of making something truly custom. I know there was a fellow overseas that purchased a stamp machine and had dies made for customs. (@Thomacetti knows his name, I can't remember but it starts with an M I think)
I also believe some chips take a stamp better than others, as well as some chips hold a stamp life better than others. I've seen a few CPC or ASM chips with faded stamps and they were only sample chips their entire life, so they never saw any table use

That's bad ass, it was just a bad joke. Brie thinks it's funny that my family calls a $20 a twenty spot... not sure if that is common or not, but pretty normal for us. She had never heard of that before
I’ve heard of a ten spot, never a twenty spot. Your family must be loaded.

The dies can be expensive, and the work is laborious. But for some folks it is their way of making something truly custom. I know there was a fellow overseas that purchased a stamp machine and had dies made for customs. (@Thomacetti knows his name, I can't remember but it starts with an M I think)
I also believe some chips take a stamp better than others, as well as some chips hold a stamp life better than others. I've seen a few CPC or ASM chips with faded stamps and they were only sample chips their entire life, so they never saw any table use
It was Meatboy from the CT days

@AK Chip bought my machine and is doing some great work.

When I was stamping, I found ASM/CPC chips take a stamp the best (CSQ in particular), BCC was tough to get a consistent stamp, and TRK was next to impossible.

I went from a hand powered machine (very labour intensive) to a pneumatic machine (very tedious). It is both an art and a science - every colour stamps a bit different (black and dark green were tough) and every mold is different (the texture on the hourglass mold was tough to deal with), and scraping the flash off result led in more than a few significant cuts.

It was Meatboy from the CT days

@AK Chip bought my machine and is doing some great work.

When I was stamping, I found ASM/CPC chips take a stamp the best (CSQ in particular), BCC was tough to get a consistent stamp, and TRK was next to impossible.

I went from a hand powered machine (very labour intensive) to a pneumatic machine (very tedious). It is both an art and a science - every colour stamps a bit different (black and dark green were tough) and every mold is different (the texture on the hourglass mold was tough to deal with), and scraping the flash off result led in more than a few significant cuts.
Forgot to mention but he’s the one that did the Hungry Frog chips and I believe the Suicide Queens too.

I thought about picking some of these up, my last name is Sinnett
I like them. They feel pretty close to my HHR chips. My first name is Sonny and I own a couple ex-racehorses. I watched them forever and ended up buying a little over 1,000. I reached out to him to buy some more, but he already sold out.

Here's mine, made back in back in 2013.

Attachments

• 1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 002.JPG
    1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 002.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 004.JPG
    1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 004.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 005.JPG
    1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 005.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 006.JPG
    1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 006.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 007.JPG
    1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 007.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 008.JPG
    1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 008.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 79

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom