Shoutout to Gear for my custom labels (1 Viewer)

Richard D

Sitting Out
Reaction score
A quick shoutout to Chris at Gear Labels for knocking these labels up for me.

They're going on some Majestics I have, in order to make a very small set to be used as replacement money (coins or paper notes) for a variety of board games I play. The breakdown is (or will be) 50x1, 26x5, 26x20 and 26x50 - chosen because (i) I have almost all of those chips available anyway (I'm one brown chip short right now), (ii) the set adds up to 2,000 in value (useful for certain board games), (iii) I like Majestics with black labels, (iv) I didn't want to go with standard Majestic labels, and (v) I really didn't want currency symbols.

Horseshoe Games Room.png
Horseshoe Games Room 5.png
Horseshoe Games Room 20.png
Horseshoe Games Room 50.png

Looking good. Out of curiosity, why games room and not game room?

This looks like a board game set and not just for poker. As a kid we would refer to our board game closet as the "games closet" because it held multiple games lol. I'm assuming it is a similar idea with these chips.

Edit: I also think the "cog progression" is a cool idea.

“Game room" never even occurred to me; I have a "games room", where my games are kept (but rarely played; although I have three large tables up there, they are usually taken up by more games, other stuff, or - as now - my slot racing track).

Colour-match wise, green is 100% spot on, and orange 99%; yellow is a trickier one, as I have yellow chips from two production runs and they don’t match each other particularly closely. It’s 95% there. Brown is REALLY dependant on the light - bright or artificial light and it looks off, low light and it’s fine. But the cogs teeth aren’t easy to see on brown anyway!

labelled all of the chips yesterday apart from the browns. They’re in Seattle, being minded my my ex-brother-in-law's American wife until he next goes over. It was easier to ask for a favour than pay the postage costs, which would have triggered import taxes and ended up turning a$10 purchase into a $40 one.

im also making it hard for myself by putting these together as a 128-chip set, as (1) that’s pretty much how many chips I has spare, and (2) they all add up to 2,000, which is convenient for a couple of games in particular. So some time in the next week or two it'll be out with the woodwork tools, to create some sawdust :)

This looks like a board game set and not just for poker. As a kid we would refer to our board game closet as the "games closet" because it held multiple games lol. I'm assuming it is a similar idea with these chips.

Edit: I also think the "cog progression" is a cool idea.
Gotcha, thanks for the info. Just sounded odd to me when I read it.

A quick shoutout to Chris at Gear Labels for knocking these labels up for me.

They're going on some Majestics I have, in order to make a very small set to be used as replacement money (coins or paper notes) for a variety of board games I play. The breakdown is (or will be) 50x1, 26x5, 26x20 and 26x50 - chosen because (i) I have almost all of those chips available anyway (I'm one brown chip short right now), (ii) the set adds up to 2,000 in value (useful for certain board games), (iii) I like Majestics with black labels, (iv) I didn't want to go with standard Majestic labels, and (v) I really didn't want currency symbols.

View attachment 511855View attachment 511857View attachment 511858View attachment 511859
How does one go about reaching out to gear? Website is currently under construction.. thanks

Heck no. This was a TINY order, basically repurposing a hundred or so chips I had left over from dalliances with other colours in my main set (like the ill-fated attempt to use yellows as $20s - too easily confused for whites in the room we usually play in, and greens that had been purchased and labelled as $2s until I realised how little use they were going to get). Even then, I came up one chip short, so had to beg one from another forum member. :)

Okay, I’d refrained from posting anything more because (1) some of the chips were still in transit in the US (brother in law's trip was delayed because of COVID), (2) I then had to label them, and (3) I wanted to make a case for them that would also double as a pair of chip trays.

The chips are for use as cash in board games, hence the tiny chip count. And I wanted to have two trays so the bank could be split across the two ends of the table for ease of use.

Overall, although the woodwork isn't perfect it’s still just about the best thing I’ve made (it's a small hobby of mine, but only an occasional one). And I’m pleased with the box and chips.

Just a shame that the games groups I’m part of haven’t met since March.
EC314B84-3A0B-4BE5-8C27-ED470CCCF244.jpeg
C193958B-D52E-456C-ABF0-C222DACE749B.jpeg
FF593AB6-CD8B-490B-9C7A-09B7F6EE3838.jpeg

BD33D1CF-ED07-4A1B-97B8-9644E96C39D8.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom