Should we send our 12 & 14 yr old Grandsons (Sons) to School ?? (2 Viewers)

RussB42

Flush
Reaction score
I know this is very questionable but us being 72 & 78 yrs old it's very upsetting to us to make this decision. We live in a County with around 1000 case so far, and know it is much less than most.

The prob is that most here work in Dallas and larger Cities than ours, and we are afraid they may start bringing this to our City and Lake Area.

It seems that most school's around us are waiting until Sept or Later to open.

We have the choice to send them or have them do virtual school or back to the classroom.

The 14yr old is involved in Basketball and has been attending wormups for players only.

What do ya think ???

Can’t edit my previous post.

My mom works for my niece’s school district, at this point the district hasn’t said what their plans are for the next school year.

Forgot the School starts 10 Aug 20...

I know this is very questionable but us being 72 & 78 yrs old it's very upsetting to us to make this decision. We live in a County with around 1000 case so far, and know it is much less than most.

The prob is that most here work in Dallas and larger Cities than ours, and we are afraid they may start bringing this to our City and Lake Area.

It seems that most school's around us are waiting until Sept or Later to open.

We have the choice to send them or have them do virtual school or back to the classroom.

The 14yr old is involved in Basketball and has been attending wormups for players only.

What do ya think ???

Do they live with you? I wouldn't want little germ-bags bringing a whole school's worth of exposure into my home, especially since you're in a higher-risk age group (I'm getting there too!). If they live with you, and you have a choice...wow, I'd have a hard time sending them there this fall. Texas isn't exactly thriving in their covid response either. Proceed with caution.

That said, I really feel for kids (especially college kids) missing out on school sports.

Don't send them, statistics say they will be fine but there is a descent chance they will bring it home to you. I feel like we need to give this distance thing a little bit longer and we will be fine. Why take the risk when a vaccine could be just months away, if you and your wife get compromised it will be difficult to care for the kids. Good luck!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom