Should I paint/stain this pedestal? Tips? (1 Viewer)

Jake14mw

Flush
Reaction score
Hi all,

I originally had this table on a cool tilting metal restaurant style pedestal, but too many squeaking and wobbling issues. So now I have moved to this wood pedestal I bought years ago. What do you guys think? I don't think the color goes well with the top. My main thought is to spray paint it black. Other options would be to stain it a dark brown, or use an ebony stain. I am leaning towards the black spray paint because I think it would look good and would be much easier than staining. Thoughts?
IMG_20210601_162109023_HDR.jpg

I recently painted pedestal legs black. They turned out really well.
I sanded the finish down with #000 steel wool, then vacuumed and wiped off all the remaining powder and steel wool fragments, then sprayed with black gloss oil based spray paint.
View attachment 710809
I'd like to know what brand of spray paint you used, any tips you have, and what kind of flooring that is. Thanks!

This is the spray paint I used. The flooring is vinyl plank flooring. It is awesome for constantly sliding furniture around if you are like me and have to in order to have poker games.
7F0A1CF2-A571-4F0A-AA43-65D044129B97.png

You can use a stain and poly 2-1 product, https://www.lowes.ca/product/interior-stains/stain-and-varnish-classic-black-228648

That's if you don't want to strip the existing finish. It's not a great product to work with, very thick and hard to apply but it gets the job done for a small project.

The best way would be to strip it with furniture stripper, sand, stain, poly. It depends how much work you want to put into it.

Don't see any issues with it as is. Nobody but you is looking at the legs lol

I also agree that you should leave it alone.

And it will look even better with that new floor!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom