Should I build my own poker table? (2 Viewers)

Build it yourself. It's relatively easy and you don't really need any specialized tools like a router and stapler. Can easily use a jigsaw...slow and steady and any blemishes will be covered by padding, felt, and rail. As mentioned previously, a table that size will be heavy and can be challenging for a single individual to move around...but a furniture dolly or skateboard easily solves that problem.

Good luck whatever you decide!

p.s. it's been several years since my last build but I used 2" high density foam from Joann's (on sale) for my rail. A electric turkey knife is a good friend to have/borrow.

Last edited:
100% build it!!! Its a fun project. Woodwork is really simple, hardest (maybe somewhat nervewrecking) is the rail padding ... But there are tons of brilliant Tutorials out there on YouTube and in the end as many said before it will be extremely satisfying. And even if the final table will have some little flaws, its still your baby and you will love it

It is really satisfying when you decide to build a table, and it turns out awesome. I've built my own, and over time I have changed a few things, and added some others.
My table initially had the rail on top of the speed cloth, but I really wanted lights under the rail, so I built a raise rail, and added a difuser with CCOB led behind the diffuser. I had to router the racetrack so the diffuer could sit into the race track, and be stable.
During Covid, I pull out snack trays under the table, that fits paper bowls or tupperwear bowls, thus keeping the snacks ofvf the tabletop.
My last change was getting a custom cloth made.
As mentioned, the only tools required are a skilsaw, a stapler, measuring tape, but a router is really handy for making semicircles, and for keeping lines straight with the proper guide. facebook marketplace is a great place to find tools for a great price.

Good Luck with your project. Cant wait to see the finished table.

Attachments

• Poker table 1.jpg
    Poker table 1.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 51
BUILD!

Also, strongly consider round if you are going to host a self dealt game. If I ever get to hosting again, I will build a 60" round. 8 players is plenty, 9 is a crowd, and 10 is right out.

BUILD!

Also, strongly consider round if you are going to host a self dealt game. If I ever get to hosting again, I will build a 60" round. 8 players is plenty, 9 is a crowd, and 10 is right out.
I agree that a round table is the way to go, but it does require a bigger space all around. I had no choice but to build a 8 person table in the oval shape so there was room to roam around without being squeezed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom