Shots fired at WSOP! (2 Viewers)

I wondered why the table was flipped... If I believe that I hear shots being fired, I am not going to wait behind a table as it offers very little protection. Instead, I am running for an exit out of the area. Concealment is not Cover.

I did not even realize that anyone was advocating for a refund... that is clearly not justified in this case.
That's a Gorilla Gaming table. It may have those patented bulletproof USB chargers in it.

That's a Gorilla Gaming table. It may have those patented bulletproof USB chargers in it.
Gonna ask Glenn if they’ve tested this with 125 grain 9mm hollowpoints, BRB.

They have kids backpacks that have Kevlar or plates in them now. Gorilla-protected table barriers is the next (sad) evolution for us.

What I want to know is if this happened at the my MGM, what was the messaging to the people in the tournament that caused them to start running?
My understanding is that the MGM glass incident was rumored as an active shooter, rumor spreads quickly and players are on a high alert, and then a loud bang (from a rock hitting a wall) sets off the Paris wsop panic

My understanding is that the MGM glass incident was rumored as an active shooter, rumor spreads quickly and players are on a high alert, and then a loud bang (from a rock hitting a wall) sets off the Paris wsop panic
I was about to say how does breaking glass sound like a gun shot. Fire works maybe.

Just to be clear, I didn’t want to make light of an actual active shooter situation, I just found the photo to be fascinating regarding how different people react to the same information. Some bum rush the doors, some are sheltering in place and some gives 0 fucks. I have no idea how I would react and hope I never have to find out.

What I want to know is if this happened at the my MGM, what was the messaging to the people in the tournament that caused them to start running?

Was staying at the MGM this weekend and was at the cirque show at the Bellagio when this occurred. Alarms were going off at the Bellagio. They actually were saying, "there is no active shooter" on the overhead but it was clear that everyone was freaked out....I guess from quickly spreading rumors as @Frogzilla suggested.

Just to be clear, I didn’t want to make light of an actual active shooter situation, I just found the photo to be fascinating regarding how different people react to the same information. Some bum rush the doors, some are sheltering in place and some gives 0 fucks. I have no idea how I would react and hope I never have to find out.
I found as I have gotten older, I don't react to some things the same way as I was younger. I would still be scared out of my wits if I thought I heard real gunshots, but can sympathize with the guy giving 0 fu#@$ as there were no shots fired. It's the same thing when I hear fireworks... I flinch but know it's just fireworks.

As far as different reactions go… I once was in a card room where a player at another table had a heart attack and fell off his chair. As the paramedics were wheeling him out on a stretcher he was trying to get up and loudly complaining that he was fine and it was unfair he couldn’t keep playing.

I found as I have gotten older, I don't react to some things the same way as I was younger. I would still be scared out of my wits if I thought I heard real gunshots, but can sympathize with the guy giving 0 fu#@$ as there were no shots fired. It's the same thing when I hear fireworks... I flinch but know it's just fireworks.
Maybe the guy giving 0 fu#@S was in the hole for the series worse than Daniel and figured and active shooter would be easier to deal with than his wife when he got home.

I conduct a lot of "Run, Hide, Fight" presentations. I'm not a fan of diving under a desk/table at all. If that is your initial reaction, fine. Then you need to be evaluating what your next steps are going to be. Whether its barricading in place, running, or fighting. The only thing hiding under table does is make you a sitting duck.

I haven't read every post in this thread. I do agree with most of what @DRG is saying. You should always know what your exit points are. I don't care if you are grocery shopping, at the movies, the park, or even walking to your car after work. Situational awareness can go along way towards keeping you safe and secure (I'm talking about muggings, assaults, rapes, ect...).

Everywhere I go I spend 30 seconds making up a quick game plan on how I will get out, how I will fight back, and what I will do if something fucked up happens. Coming up with a game plan when you are in the middle of shit going south is the wrong time to do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom