Shot in the dark: Anyone have Dupuytren's contracture? (1 Viewer)

Cashed

Pair
Reaction score
I'm looking over the options to resolve my Dupuytren's and wanted to see if anyone has successfully resolved theirs and has feedback about the options.

Thanks,
Casey

Left hand: I have nodules on my thumb and in the middle of my palm pulling on my middle finger, but still very close to full range of motion.
Right hand: I have nodules and cords on my right pinky, which now only extends to 120 degrees or so.

The discomfort is starting to wake me up when I sleep. I'm waiting for a cost breakdown between fasciectomy and xiaflex enzyme treatment.

Just wanted to see if anyone had good / bad results and had any recommendations with the benefit of hindsight.

while the disease is active would not do anything- to me pain means still active
if you can get your hand into your pocket without it getting caught would also not do anything
if your little finger stabilizes at 120 and it bothers you would try xiaflex first- if its just a single cord guys are doing percutaneous release in the office before considering a more extensive procedure. ( ie, faciectomy)

I’ve been in about mine twice. Both times we decided to wait. I am very likely going to ask to do the release in fall.

I have pain when trying to open the left hand, index finger is only afflicted digit. Right hand is same but less. I also have some carpel tunnel syndrome and may deal with that too. Hand splints at night help a bunch

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom