Shopping for CC blanks these days? (1 Viewer)

TheOctagon

Two Pair
Reaction score
I was just goofing around thinking about a cheap custom label set for low stakes circus games of a couple hundred or so Majestic or similar blanks to play with and wow, it looks like in general retail, CC blanks are pretty much out of stock across the board. Is this a temporary thing? A trend? I admit it's been a while since I have looked into this stuff. Just curious is all. Like I said, just playing with ideas.

It's pretty easy to pull the labels off those china clays and labeled chips are only a penny or so more.

Spirit mold blanks are crazy cheap (3.50 for a sleeve of 50) on clearance at chipsandgames.com. They arrive super dry in desperate need of oil and they've only got three colors, but I bet you can't beat that price.

Spirit mold blanks are crazy cheap (3.50 for a sleeve of 50) on clearance at chipsandgames.com. They arrive super dry in desperate need of oil and they've only got three colors, but I bet you can't beat that price.

That price is nuts. I'll have a look and see if those colors work. Also, it'd be cool to have some spirit molds.

Just be aware that they've really been dried out -- presumably sitting on a warehouse shelf for nearly a decade. Even after oiling, the edges will crumble a little (leaving pixie dust on the table) for a game or two. And the CC stink that some go crazy about will be pretty bad at first. But, once they've been oiled, aired out and broken in, I like them quite a bit, and there's no way you can beat the price.

I also have a bunch of labeled Pyramids on the same mold, and the clearance ones of those that I've gotten seem to have endured storage a little better.

also have a bunch of labeled Pyramids on the same mold

Saw that those are super cheap as well. I like the yellow chip for sure. I would consider ripping the labels off at that price to relabel as long as the base chip is of decent quality.

Saw that those are super cheap as well. I like the yellow chip for sure. I would consider ripping the labels off at that price to relabel as long as the base chip is of decent quality.
Those Pyramids and Da Vinci both are on the spirit mold so you could get a decent set for not much. Adding custom labels from @Gear brings total per chip cost to 33 cent a chip for relabel of the pyramid or Da Vinci.

For the blank mold labeling 100 brings you in at 34 cent a chip, so a wash really.

I'm in the process of creating a cash set using these right now. Graet chips for the price.

Attachments

• 20171211_175426.jpg
    20171211_175426.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 234
Well, the blanks would come in at .27/chip (with .20 worth of labels each), but an additional advantage of starting with the pre-labeled ones is that they have multi-color edgespots. Whether that's worth .06 and the effort of yanking off the old labels is up to you.

I'm in the process of creating a cash set using these right now. Graet chips for the price.

I am impressed here. The blues with black labels look extraordinary. I have black labels cooked up right now, as it turns out.

Well, the blanks would come in at .27/chip (with .20 worth of labels each), but an additional advantage of starting with the pre-labeled ones is that they have multi-color edgespots. Whether that's worth .06 and the effort of yanking off the old labels is up to you.

Definitely. I'm about cost-to-looks ratio here. A low-mid tier set of customs for a bargain price with custom labels makes it worth it for me.

I got most of them from a member on PCF. They are also available from a seller on eBay. They had a high asking price but accepted a lower offer. I'll see if I can find them and post it.

That's ... a lot of money for some clearance rack chips with a single Pauslon. I don't get the bundle play either.

But, the purple is easily the most desirable chip. Mmmmmm. Decision time soon.

I can make it work without it though. I wasn't even planning on using a purple - more like a pink 5c, blue 25c, white $1, yellow $5? Just enough to have a reasonable microstakes bank. Around 300 chips maybe. $5 for rebuys or change making mostly. I don't think they'd see action in my circus game groups.

That's ... a lot of money for some clearance rack chips with a single Pauslon. I don't get the bundle play either.

But, the purple is easily the most desirable chip. Mmmmmm. Decision time soon.

I can make it work without it though. I wasn't even planning on using a purple - more like a pink 5c, blue 25c, white $1, yellow $5? Just enough to have a reasonable microstakes bank. Around 300 chips maybe. $5 for rebuys or change making mostly. I don't think they'd see action in my circus game groups.

Yeah he has a separate listing that knocks off $11 but I still won't pay $20 for 25 CC chips. Made an offer for 20c a chip basically. Will let you know :LOL: :laugh:

I just ordered 400 of the solid color spirit molds. I just couldn't pass up .07 per chip for my first attempt at a set of semi-customs. From what I heard, they will need to be oiled. I figure I'll wipe them with a wet rag first, then once I get the labels from gear and get them on, I'll give them a good oiling. Hopefully that helps.

And in a move that will tilt a couple people on here, I'm going to make the .25's green, 1's red, 5's gray and 25's blue. Its the opposite color progression of my tourney set.

And in a move that will tilt a couple people on here, I'm going to make the .25's green, 1's red, 5's gray and 25's blue. Its the opposite color progression of my tourney set.
Tell them take a walk, your chips, your house. Tradition is fine but it shouldn't be required

Just got an email that the spirit mold blanks are going to fedex this afternoon. I'll post some pictures of what arrives. Hopefully I don't lose too many to transit. I figure I'll give them a wash when they get here. I'll hold off on the oiling until I get my labels.

I'm curious to know what the thickness of the spirit chips are. I added grey PGI great walls to an older set of solids I have with a plan to create a solid tourney set. Unfortunately, the height difference is enough to make me re-think it. in stacks of 20, it's a full chip difference (67.12mm for greens vs 70.45mm for greys). Colours are green, grey, black, and purple.

PGI_CC_Height.jpg

The blacks were bad enough, but the greys are worse. The killer of it is that I love the feel of the greens and blacks. The greys feel softer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom