Shipping from Canada to US (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Wasn’t able to find any threads about this...

any general advice from Canadians as to the most economical way to ship to the US?

Canada post has flat rate domestic boxes but can’t find anything for international and Inputting dimensions of the boxes into their query tool for a basic parcel delivery seems pricy.

googling different services reveals sites like stallionexpress.ca claim very low prices but not sure if they’re reliable or have some hidden fees and/or conditions.

I always just use Canada Post. I find that outgoing CP rates are cheaper than incoming USPS rates. But that's not really saying much because US to Canada shipping costs have become ridiculous.

All I can say is that the shipping tool is accurate. You can print off labels at home and drop off at a mailbox or post office. I still go to the post office just to make sure it's been scanned. At the very least, complete the customs form on the website. You'll get a QR code for the postal employee to scan and then print. Speeds up package drop-offs.

Depends on the item. Canada Post usually has the cheaper rates. There's some freight forwards like Stallion and Chit Chats. They mark up each package but usually have very good rates. The downside is that if anything ever happens to the package, good luck resolving it. I've had a few packages lost using Chit Chats but never with Canada Post.

There's no usual hidden fees, just their upcharge, but some of them make you create an account and pre-load a balance.

surprising how their savings tiers work. 45% off the regular counter price just for registering an account, but then only 57% off for highest volume shippers listed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom