Shipping delays and long transit times during Covid-19 (1 Viewer)

Flat12

Two Pair
Reaction score
Guys,

How is it the situation for you in CONUS with regards to the above ?

I'm getting reports from friends about significant delays on both domestic and international parcels.

I want to buy a bunch of books from Las Vegas Advisor (Huntingdon Press) down over at Nevada. LVA just re-opened last week and shipping but obviously courier timetables are out of their hands.

Guys,

How is it the situation for you in CONUS with regards to the above ?

I'm getting reports from friends about significant delays on both domestic and international parcels.

I want to buy a bunch of books from Las Vegas Advisor (Huntingdon Press) down over at Nevada. LVA just re-opened last week and shipping but obviously courier timetables are out of their hands.
The last international package I was able to ship out was going to Europe (Sweeden or Switzerland) and it took about 34 days.

Currently my post office is not accepting international package shipments. Not sure if this is for all of the United States Postal Service, just a local issue, or for how long my restrictions will be.

There are significant delays, for sure.

There are some countries and territories that USPS and Canada Post won't even ship to right now. You'll have to go to their sites to see if there are any particular restrictions.

I'm pretty sure that Canada Post is still routing packages to Malaysia and Singapore.

It's been all over the place.

For domestic shipping, I've had things arrive within normal time (2-3 days via priority mail), but some have been longer.

Two shipments from Canada were wildly different too. One took 10 days, the other took almost a month coming from roughly the same area of Canada.

I have something en route from Austrailia. I don't know how long it will take :nailbite:

I found where I was in west canada packages were coming faster from directly south than anything in eastern USA or eastern Canada

I read on here that the USPS is pretty quiet at the moment. In Canada, they are saying the parcels approach Christmas levels and they are and have been swamped, every day.

I've been waiting for a rack of chips from a few hundred miles away (in Canada) since they were shipped on May 8. The Canada Post tracking software is completely useless. Tracking told me that they would be delivered May 14. The little timeline graphic on the Canada Post website showed them in transit on May 16 with the end "delivery date" still showing May 14.

A couple weeks before that, I couldn't get any results for my tracking number, but the chips crossed the entire country in five days.

I think I would describe Canadian domestic shipping as "unpredictable". I've seen news reports where posties are staring at massive piles of parcels saying things like "if they look like medical supplies, we try to get those out first". I cannot imagine the state of international shipping at this moment.

I recently had a SFRB from MA, only took a couple days longer than usual. There's another one coming from MA that was shipped today, I guess we'll see how this one goes.

I’ve been shipping stuff out from Long Island over the last week or so and have been amazed how fast stuff is delivered to even the west coast.
HOWEVER, coming INTO New York, my 600 chip order of DDLM’s, of course, has just been delayed by the USPS. :banghead:

Shipping is definitely slower, some areas worse than others. Seems New Jersey is really having a go of it lately. For the most part things have been okay, it appears hit or miss though. I would just ensure everything has tracking (and insurance if expensive)

I posted 8 packages internationally in the last two months. All of them took 2-5 weeks longer than normal. One of them is still MIA but presumed lost. I have postponed all pending sales until things clear up. Not worth the risk.

I haven't ordered/sold a whole lot during this stretch, but 90% of what I have has been anywhere from 2-10 days late, and USPS has been the worst offender by far. It's all eventually gotten to it's destination though (well except a computer monitor but that was Amazon's shipping service).

I haven't ordered/sold a whole lot during this stretch, but 90% of what I have has been anywhere from 2-10 days late, and USPS has been the worst offender by far. It's all eventually gotten to it's destination though (well except a computer monitor but that was Amazon's shipping service).
Amazon has been a mess lately, we have a local Amazon shipping hub/warehouse near my work, and I have never seen such hectic loading/unloading practices. Last time I drove by they had likely 100 vans out front with 20 or 30 people throwing boxes everywhere. Looked like mad men fighting over boxes of chips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom