Shipping chips from U.S to canada (1 Viewer)

moulayaz

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hey everyone, how are you guys doing. Does anyone know if it’s safe to buy chips from U.S if I live in Canada. Customs might think they have value and ship them back to the sender ? Or am i being paranoid due to high shipping prices lol

I've never had any issues with customs with any of my chip purchases from the US.

The biggest obstacle is that the majority of American members are unwilling to ship outside of ANUS CONUS. Much of it due to their irrational fear of customs Nazis or postal bandits. There is also the near insurmountable task of filling out a single customs form for international packages. Dealing with folks outside of their country is fraught with peril for Americans.

I've never had any issues with customs with any of my chip purchases from the US.

The biggest obstacle is that the majority of American members are unwilling to ship outside of ANUS CONUS. Much of it due to their irrational fear of customs Nazis or postal bandits. There is also the near insurmountable task of filling out a single customs form for international packages. Dealing with folks outside of their country is fraught with peril for Americans.
Alright, thanks a lot for the info !

Hey everyone, how are you guys doing. Does anyone know if it’s safe to buy chips from U.S if I live in Canada. Customs might think they have value and ship them back to the sender ? Or am i being paranoid due to high shipping prices lol
I’ve had a good friend help me ship my stuff to Canada. I’ve been lucky in this regard.

I wanted to PM ya, but I can’t seem to do it. Quite strange. I can’t find a “start conversation” tab.

Shipping prices have slowly and steadily increased across the USPS board. I recently paid $53.94USD for an MFRB into Canada. With a good trusted friend helping ya pack the goods safely, you can usually fit in 600-700 chips without pushing the weight limits. 600 is as much as I’d recommend. Rest of the space should be padding. You should see some of the corner abuse I’ve seen on incoming packages, and if it wasn’t for the superior attention to details on the packaging, I’d have some chip dust by now.

Try to keep declarations low. “Poker chips” and “gaming equipment” are actually exempt from import tax. However, that said, it seems right now, the Canada Border Services dept is taxing anything and everything right now. I was recently taxed on a $20 declaration. It’s pretty ridiculous.

Just find a good seller who will help ya. There are many on this site who willingly work to help.

I can agree on some level with what @TheDuke is saying, I do, but there are knights on the site too. I won’t go naming them since that doesn’t seem fair.

I would use the search function and type in reship or some shit and see if you can track down users and message them. The guys that help out Canadians and other international peeps are easy to approach with a PM.

It can be daunting at first. But man, I’ve imported ALOT of chips, over a 3 year period. I’ve been taxed on 1/3 of it, I’d say.

I’d recommend against UPS, DHL, and/or FedEx since these guys charge what they will call “brokerage fees” to the end recipient. They won’t tell the sender this, but it’s pretty much a guarantee. The only times I’ve gone with FedEx is the high high value stuff. If it’s into the thousands, man, I’d pay the small fees and get your goods.

For 95% of what I’ve got, I used USPS/Canada Post. They don’t have “brokerage fees”.

As @Jeevansluck said, use USPS, all the others charge a ton.

I have never had a problem receiving chips from the US and Ive received a fair amoint. I think the best way to label the chips is "obselete gaming tokens".

I've actually gotten chatged tax less lately, maybe lucky.

Yeah. It's fine. Ya just fill out a form.

You're being paranoid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom